Author Topic: Bernardston, MA (US) Engine Show May 24-25  (Read 7328 times)

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Bernardston, MA (US) Engine Show May 24-25
« on: May 16, 2014, 11:59:13 PM »
Just to let everyone know who happens to be able to make it to this area, the Bernardston (MA) Engine Show will be happening May 24 and 25.

Gas and steam engines, agricultural iron, classic and antique cars, contraptions, tools, devices, household items, sharpening and cutting supplies, lawn tractors, bunnies, fowl, fancy writing instruments, plants, blacksmithery, the occasional shingle splitting machine, steam oil, pumps simultaneously emptying and filling the same receptacle, corn dogs, pie, and people of all descriptions available for viewing.

And admission is free! (small donation requested by the church who sponsors it and provides the field, but well,  no one is turned away no matter what the financial condition, generosity impulse deficiency or demeanor, within reason.)

I will be there, along with my 7 year old daughter, who doubtless won't be bored despite a total lack of interest in anything iron.

Hope to see you there!
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline Pete W.

Re: Bernardston, MA (US) Engine Show May 24-25
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 04:05:29 AM »
Hi there, Steve,

It sounds like a fun afternoon.  However, I'm afraid I won't be able to attend.

It would enhance International Understanding if you could please explain just exactly what a 'corn dog' might be? 
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 10:39:57 AM »
Haha Pete, it's a frankfurter (ie Americanized mild, often boiled, sausage -- or hot dog, also sometimes known jokingly as a tube steak) which has been dipped in a corn meal batter, mounted on a wooden stick, and deep fried. It ends up looking a little like a sort of golden cat tail stem and seedpod.

I have to admit, I've never eaten one.

:)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:57:16 AM by vtsteam »
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 07:26:27 PM »
Well it has been quite a while but they are not bad!