Author Topic: More computer and office chair bases, sheet cake pans and a clamp and angle iron  (Read 4800 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Years ago I was rebuilding a couple of 350's 4 bolts for the sons Suburban. The HF engine stand are great. but there was too much dripping on the concrete floor I solved that with some of the sheet cake aluminum baking pans

Like this one, I screwed it to the cross braces that the casters are mounted to. Stopped the problem. When I finished and stored the engine mounts, I removed them for other uses.
Here are a couple.

Here is an 1/8 sheet pan on creeper casters. Great for under the truck tool caddy the lip also keeps stuff from rolling to the other side of the drive.

They also work well for easy moving of heavy stuff when not working on cars.

I'm also a fan of the roller bases from computer/office chairs.

1/2 sheet pan,see 1st photo

Popped riveted to the base for the times when working on steering,breaks and bearings.

And for your but as the small mech creeper seats don't seem to last.

I took the last seat from one and mounte4d it to a smaller base, I have to cut some of the excess screw shat off as it hits the drive when turned down.

And something I made 40 years ago, a disk brake compressor, has done the job every-time except when the daughter had an import and it was too large to fit in the opening. And I bought the kit on sale and with the coupon off at HF was almost cheaper than the clamp, angle iron and juice to weld it together.

"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Good ideas!

Same principal would work great for me and I've got plenty of scrap sheet metal farm equipment shrouds and stuff around here and casters......  (Although I leave my wife's sheet pans alone -- she's a former pastry chef, and I'd rather eat the desserts!)

I really like the disk brake compressor -- though what I could have used a few weeks ago was a valve spring compressor -- but I see I could probably have made one from a spare small clamp and some scrap.....
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline tom osselton

Years ago dad had a vauxal victor  (probably spelled wrong) but he used a push lawnmower handle to remove the valve keepers the mower end slides under the tire, the twin tube shaft is positioned to expose the keepers when the handle is pushed down you just need some wood to support the valves upon compression.

Online Brass_Machine

• Administrator
I like those. Especially the seat... could have used it a few weeks ago when I was doing the front end on my truck.
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.