Author Topic: Installation help Prima SPA picodynac DG200  (Read 8634 times)

Offline rschilp

Installation help Prima SPA picodynac DG200
« on: June 21, 2014, 03:22:10 AM »
I recently acquired a nice 3 phase motor to drive a roll press I'm building, but the frequency converter it came with doesn't have installation instructions.

The frequency converter in question is a Italian product from Prima SPA, Picodynac DG200, this is a 230V 1phase 50hz input to 230V 3phase variable frequency controller.
The AC connections are fairly obvious, with 1phase 230v in and 3 phases for the motor out, the control lines (16 of them) are not so clear. I've got it powered up and can program the settings, but can't make the motor do anything or know what the settings do without a manual.

The drive uses Siemens components, but I have not been able to find a siemens controller with a similar form factor and connection strip to use the installation instructions from.

Does anyone have installation instructions and/or manual for this controller? the common use is elevator door control.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Installation help Prima SPA picodynac DG200
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 03:28:19 AM »
Have you asked Prima? This is their customer care email address:

info@primaspa.it
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline rschilp

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 03:30:43 AM »
Yes I have asked them. But their website has been dormant for 6 years, I'm afraid the business is not very active so I'm not hopeful that they will respond.

Offline rschilp

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 07:46:55 AM »
Got no response here, or from the manufacturer, so I just hooked it up and started working it out.

Don't have all the connections mapped, but this is what I know (and it's enough for me)

Connector 20+21 net mains (230V, 50Hz)

22,23,24 3 phase power to the motor (also 230V, variable frequency)

25 ground

10 and 16, connect together to start motor (this is a low voltage control circuit to turn on and off)

to program the frequency controller:
A1 - A8 settings for the motor and the mains voltage/frequency
A1 - mains frequency (50 to 60Hz)

A9 - normal operating frequency for the motor (this is where you can under or over drive your motor to run slower or faster)

B1 - startup time once connection 10+16 are connected, this is how long the ramp up to A9 frequency takes.
B2 - unused for my situation, time to reduced speed if runtime is other then continues (settings in the C series)
B3 - reduced speed for end of run, in Hz
B6 - slow damp ramp time when 10+16 are disconnected (or runtime is over)
B7 - ?
B9 - unused by me. Slow speed time (at end of run how long to run at speed set by B3)

C2 - ?
C3 and C4 some kind of combination between these two to set runtime at normal operating frequency, set both to 0 to get unlimited runtime.

Bn - ?

If C3 and C4 are set to a specific runtime, setting B3 (speed in Hz) and B9 (time) will set a secondary time and speed for the motor to run once the main run duration (C3/C4 at speed set in A9) is over. This is normally used to make a door open/close fast and slow down at the end.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:01:42 AM by rschilp »