Author Topic: Wenge Fountain Pen  (Read 5087 times)

Offline Ginger Nut

Wenge Fountain Pen
« on: July 23, 2014, 02:50:57 AM »
This one caused some anxiety I can tell you.

The Wenge Pristina fountain pen is a replacement for one I made a while back. The fellow the original one was for loves fountain pens and spoke up quite quick as to wanting it. Didn't hear from him for months so when asked by the fellow who supplied me the Wenge if he could buy it for the LOHL "of course" says I.

:Doh: Very next morning the original fellow rings me say's he need's refills and will pick the pen up at the same time  :bugeye:
So what I figured to be a rush job didn't work out that way  :bang: weather played a big roll in just getting a good finish on it.

At last its done............again haven't heard from him but as they say "It will happen"

Offline SwarfnStuff

Re: Wenge Fountain Pen
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 03:01:25 AM »
Beautiful Penmanship Ginger. Yes I know penmanship relates to the writing with em, but thought it apt - to my warped mind anyway.    I really enjoyed being able to see the fine finish you achieved. Thanks for posting.
  :thumbup:   :clap:

John B
Converting good metal into swarf sometimes ending up with something useful. ;-)

Offline micktoon

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 07:01:16 PM »
Looks like a mighty fine finish there to me , well done I think wenge is a difficult wood to get a nice finish on too ?, Top Job  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cheers Mick

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 08:09:15 PM »
Thanks John & Mick

the first Wenge http://woolnwood.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/wenge-pristina-fountain-pen.html pen was so different the finish on it was Satin lacquer but even the grain and colour is different.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 12:13:05 PM »
well dun