I spent all of yesterday fighting "gas tank wars". What should have been a very simple and straightforeward silver soldering job left me frustrated. All of the joints looked good, but when I put a rubber tube on the outlet spigot, then put the tank underwater and blew into the tube, I got a stream of bubbles coming out of the one end. I resoldered it twice, with the same result each time. Finally I set the whole tank up in the lathe and drilled/bored the leaking end completely away, made a new brass end insert and silver soldered it again before I went to bed. As of right now it doesn't leak, as per the "blow test" but I haven't filed away the excess silver solder either. I am waiting for my wife to get up before I start any power equipment in my shop, but I sincerely hope that when I get my last solder joint "cosmeticized" that I don't see any more bubbles!!