Author Topic: Cheap Cnc Controls.  (Read 18944 times)

Offline Dawai

Re: Cheap Cnc Controls.
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2014, 07:20:41 PM »
<url>
</url>

this guy explains the arduino-tb6560 cnc drive.. better than I can.. he also did a better job wiring it up, mine is a botched job of soldered jumpers plugged into the arduino. (drive and uno less than 100$)

I am fixing to copy his method. I welded all day again today on the gantry frame, well except for the time I took a pistol across the road and stopped a guy from stealing the neighbors welder, called the "PO-Lice" who laughed at me mostly.. Large, ugly tattooed with daddy's 45 in my belt, making my pants want to fall down. the thief ran hid, I learned not to lay them face down anymore and hold them that way, they took his tag number.  I still am considering becoming a hermit, need a mountain and cave to live in.

I may write a vb6 interface that will run in windows thou.. I'll share if I do.
I Hung a 24 foot Ibeam this morning in the ceiling by myself, programmed a Arduino this afternoon for a solar project, Helped a buddy out with a electrical motor connection issue on the phone, then cut up a chicken for Hotwings. I'd say it has been a "blessed day" for myself and all those around me.

Offline Dawai

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 11:39:00 PM »
Hooked up the #25 chains on the 3d printer today, ONCE again I have overdone it.  At least I didn't put it on the roof like I have several project cars in the ditch.

It runs in excess of 10,000mmpm Jerking the whole frame side to side trying to walk across the floor. Kinda reminds me of the big cast iron power hacksaw I put on casters, it was rolling a foot back and forth as the saw stroked. If it was not for the 100 amp 24volt transformer in the base I think it would jump off the floor.

I foresee slowing it down quite a bit, increasing the resolution. The Z axis worked great as is, the Y still not fabricated as I had to make a Harbor Fright run to pick up some more heat shrink and other supplies.

Motors could have been half sized.
I Hung a 24 foot Ibeam this morning in the ceiling by myself, programmed a Arduino this afternoon for a solar project, Helped a buddy out with a electrical motor connection issue on the phone, then cut up a chicken for Hotwings. I'd say it has been a "blessed day" for myself and all those around me.

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2014, 01:14:55 AM »
Hell thats only 32.80 feet per min just brace it with steel girders!  :D

Offline Dawai

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 09:26:52 PM »

BEEN a thrash weekend here.. got this running with the tb6560 3 axis driver from China.. seemed to work well, till I went to calibrate it.. it was all over the place losing steps..

I altered the decay time, changed the multi-step ratios.. then smoked X drive, then swapped the board out and smoked #2 drive, then pulled it all out, chunked it into the corner and installed gecko 203's.. I only had two American motors and two gecko drives so the Z axis has a knob in it right now..

THEM Gremlins & Pookas are mean here in Gawgia.. (Jimmy Stewarts Harvey) When I sat down in the computer chair this afternoon the light bulb blew out over my head.. sheesh..

It is calibrated, kicking ass now.. need to build a torch mount and a plasma torch mount, put in the relay to turn it on and off.
THE 3d printer got gutted to serve a cnc plasma cutter need.. the list grows..

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines
    • My Hobbies
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2014, 08:47:34 AM »
"I may write a vb6 interface that will run in windows thou.. I'll share if I do."

Check out https://github.com/gerritv/Grbl-Panel/wiki
I wrote that after trying out a bunch of others that all had issues of some sort or other.

Gerrit