Author Topic: Searching for ideas  (Read 4204 times)

Offline modeng200023

Searching for ideas
« on: November 12, 2011, 05:10:38 AM »
Having a few thoughts kicking around in my head and not getting anywhere, I did a web search and found this site www.freepatentsonline.com Hadn't come across it before and have just spent ages looking through different inventions.

Following the recent deletion of a topic I looked up 6508315 and now can understand why it might have been taken down.

John

Offline welafong1

Re: Searching for ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 11:12:50 AM »
dear john
thank you for the replie i have been trying to get as many of these plans, blue prints. that i can what i am looking for is a different way to make one. a whole lot less expansive. some thing the average person can build.
thank you
Richard Westerfield

Offline modeng200023

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »
Good luck Richard, there are many ways of approaching this tool and a search through the patents should give you a broad idea of what has been done before.

John

Offline Lew_Merrick_PE

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 05:50:47 PM »
John & Richard,

Can you give details about the mechanism you wish to build?  There are numerous means of converting pressure into hammer-strokes -- as well as purely mechanical means as well.  What are the requirements?  What are the limitations?  If we can construct a product specification, the design (tends) to follow moderately easily.

Offline BillTodd

• Colchester Essex (where the lathes were made)
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
Following the recent deletion of a topic I looked up 6508315 and now can understand why it might have been taken down.

Because of a patent???  A patent only grants a licence to commercially exploit an invention or device. Anyone can make an exact copy of one for their own use.
Bill