Author Topic: ScribD Website  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Lew_Merrick_PE

ScribD Website
« on: August 16, 2014, 02:26:51 PM »
All,

Many years ago, I joined the (then) open forum that was http://www.ScribD.com.  At that time, it was a great forum for distributing self-published information.  A couple of years ago it was bought out by the Facebook corporate structure and the "terms" where changed such that THEY could charge for access and THEY claimed primary copyright on material posted there.  I immediately discontinued my account there and (supposedly) deleted the "content" (owned & copyrighted by me) from their website.  The "new" ScribD has resurrected my properties and is charging for their download!  (Please note that I have never charged for access to that type of work.  I do include a begware statement to the effect that, if you find this information useful & helpful, buy me a beer (or social equivalent) through PayPal.  I do not think this is out of line for the types of things I create and publish.)

Please, if you see any documents on the ScribD website of my publication, go to customer support and let them know that they are in violation of my copyright.  If you want a copy of any of those documents, e-mail me at tangent@olympus.net and I will be happy to send them at no charge!

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Re: ScribD Website
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 03:28:24 PM »
I occasionally and accidentally end up on that website during a search for something and then when I realize where I am, leave immediately because it's the kind of site, like Answers.com and About.com that promise information, but don't actually supply any.
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines
    • My Hobbies
Re: ScribD Website
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 03:49:26 PM »
I suggest that you send them a DMCA takedown request.

I searched for your name and found many copies of Acme thread info, only 1 under your name, the rest were 're-published' by others. If I recall at one time if you uploaded files you got credits to use for downloads. How this is any different from The PirateBay or MegaUpload is not clear.

Gerrit