Author Topic: Rotary-Table convertion  (Read 3588 times)

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
Rotary-Table convertion
« on: April 08, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »
I have just bought one of these Rotary-Tables I was after one that had the stepper on but they are still out of stock and I need it now for a job, I saw an artical some time ago about converting this one to cnc but cannot rember where can anybody Help,

Thanks
Peter :dremel:

http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Workholding/Rotary-Tables
I am usless at metalwork, Oh and cannot spell either . failure

bogstandard

Re: Rotary-Table convertion
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 09:36:16 PM »
Peter,

John Stevenson is your man.

You should have spoken to me first, John gave me some very good info about those a few days back.

John

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 04:45:50 PM »
Peter,
As far as I know there has been no conversions for this table on line.
There are many for the Vertex type. Just removing the handle and fitting a stepper isn't too difficult but the full conversion carried out by ARC consists of changing the plain worm to one running in needle roller bearings and double thrusts fitted.

JS.
John Stevenson

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 05:02:30 PM »
Ok thanks for that , I thought I had seen one some time ago but I am getting old and do forget things and think I have done things so this must be one of them , I have prob seen the vertex one as I was going to get one of them first but decided I had always liked the look of this one so I would go for it.I have been hopping for some time that the cnc vertion would be back in stock but I was in need for one to start a job so I just got it without .
anyway great service 24 hours from ordering it was hear today and I need to get the rest of the gunk off, it is a lot lot heavey'r than I thought it would be. but the only ones I have ever handels are the cheep ones at the shows and the look of them has put me off.

Peter
I am usless at metalwork, Oh and cannot spell either . failure