Author Topic: Meet Mabel  (Read 5942 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Meet Mabel
« on: October 20, 2014, 06:02:04 AM »
Yes I understand that the gun laws are tough there, but at least they are letting the police keep up with the bad guys. With the well equipped armed response units, or at least that's what it looks like on the TV shows we see here.
Then they probably wouldn't like my 12 gauge rigged for home defense or the Zombie Apocalypse or which ever comes first! :borg:  Wait a minute some times it hard to tell the difference!

This is Mabel

This is the biz end of Mabel, who says that those free Horrible Fright flashlights aren't good for anything. A 25mm scope mount on the rails and ya have duel headlights, and a green laser  :bugeye:
For any that may be interested Mossberg 500 special purpose weapon, holds 7 3"shells,short barrel so they can mount it vertical in the car (police front seat between the driver and passenger). It does fling slugs very nicely. Tears the paper targets up so bad at the range, that I spray glue them to cardboard to get more use out of them. The indoor range I belong to only allows slugs to be used.

"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Meet Mabel
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 08:38:53 AM »
The trouble is that our tough gun laws here have controlled the good guys and the bad guys carry on as they did before getting weapons from the criminal fraternity..

I used to have a fellow as my storeman whose entire life was guns. He'd represented the uk at the Olympics once as a pistol shooter. I was very seriously concerned for him when pistols were banned, his life interest was taken away. Fortunately he got through it in the end.
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »
Glad to here that he wasn't to adversely affected. :thumbup:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Jonny

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 07:59:47 AM »
Many after the 98 ban went to extremes to get licensing for rifles like .50BMG and .338 lapua Mag. Company solicitor that went that way just to prove a point and get one back so have many others.

Not a total ban theres black powder and vets come under section 5 otherwise impossible to get.

You got it easy in US, we cant even send a legal air rifle part or accessory which theoretically could be an off the shelf screw, brought in by most of the UK couriers and RM.