Author Topic: Happy new year you lot  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Scuba1

Happy new year you lot
« on: January 06, 2015, 02:49:56 PM »
Sorry for not posting any bs in the last few weeks/month, but after the lightning strike we were a bit short on electronic gizmos as most got fried, including the long range wifi. I have moved waterworld a bit closer to the island now and can pic up a couple of the hot spots if the planets are in the right alignment and its not a full moon. It sort of works on and off. Got the basic stuff back up and running and got a huge thing planted on my honey do list. I want to move the workshop over from the sailboat to the houseboat as things are getting a bit tight over there and projects are getting a little bit to big at times. Now I had a chat with the admiral and I can have a workshop on board.......if she get a new and bigger bedroom. So now I'll have to get a few miles of aluminum two by four tubing and weld up a framework to cover what is now the aft sun deck and turn that into her new bedroom. Then move the open sundeck part / railings forward, cut a hole into what is now the ceiling and build some stairs to get from the future workshop into the new bedroom without getting wet when it rains. What have I let myself in for?
 :proj:
I may just post a nutty project log once I am past the pencil and paper stage and start to cut metal into bits and stick them together again.

ATB

Michael

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Happy new year you lot
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 04:33:35 PM »
Hi Michael

Really good to hear from you. Sorry to  hear about the lightning strikes to your radio equipment.

It seems that everyone is talking about larger sheds lately. No reason why you can't build a bigger shed on a boat as well. I wish you well as you proceed with your construction.   :D :D

:worthless:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Scuba1

Re: Happy new year you lot
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 04:55:21 PM »
Ok in effect I am going to turn the area with all the chairs and tables into a bed room and the bit where i am standing taking the picture is going to be the new sun deck

The lower part of the aft top deck is going to get a roof and walls  :wave: