The Shop > Tools

Sieg SX2p HT Review

(1/8) > >>

Will_D:
I suppose this review is mainly for UK as I think ARC Euro Trade have specified this particular configuration for themsleves. They are ( I believe very proactive with Sieg)

Well after the wait Santa has called round in spades.

Today I found this:

75 kgs of "stuff"

Quick open the box and fond the destructions.
I like the way there was a spare fuse included:

More to follow while I check the above has posted correctly

NB: That only took a few goes to get right!

Will_D:
Sorted out the images now I think!

Will_D:
SO whats in the box:

There was some bubble wrap, I like the foam pad behinf the electrics (at the back of the column) and also that the handwheels are removed.

After a bit of plywood removal here's the machine:

The brown cardboard box contains various bits and pieces (hand wheels and tools)
I like the way they included 4 "Tee" Nuts:

Now in order to stand a chance of lifting the beasty (60 kG) the slides were removed. They would be anyway in order to clean them up:

So we have "Tee" Nuts! What about strained nuts :bugeye:

Time to lift the mill into place of honour. This will be my new "goto" place in the workshop/cellar. She is now sitting on top of my kegerator [a kegerator is an old fridge dedicated to dispensing kegged homebrew].

I know you shouldn't drink and mill but we may have a summer this year and after a few hours chewing steel a frosty from below wins the day. [Better than a suds pump?]

So tommorrow is all about cleaning, degreassing, knock off high spots, more cleaning. I hope "Doubleboost (John)" has shares in brake cleaner!

As a general comment so far on the cleanliness of the machine: No traces of sand (other than some tiny bits that had been sprayed red!) , lots of moly grease and oil, no evidence of cast irom powder (magnet test).

Nearly time to hit the kegerator but before that does she run?  I had bought the option speed readout and I must say belt drive and the HT motor are fantastic:

So thats it for tonight!

Overall so far I am very impress with ARC and this particular mill

Stilldrillin:
Nice one Will. Congratulations !  :thumbup:

Been there, myself, twice.  :headbang:

Looking forward to your adventure unfolding.......  :)

David D

chipenter:
Arc do a guide for the x1 http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/machineguides/Super-X1L-Mill-Dismantling-and-Reassembly-Guide.pdf and the x3 , the old x2 guide has disapered but the x1 table is the same as yours .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version