Author Topic: Custom hood opener  (Read 4410 times)

Offline scout800

Custom hood opener
« on: February 07, 2015, 08:02:51 PM »
Hello all, It's been a while since I've been on here. I have been working on a project at work that has taken a lot of time, now it's finally done. We have a Factory 5 Gtm that the customer wanted a mechanism to open his hood with a key remote. I came up withe the design on the long drive home from work and this is what I came up with. By the way every thing was made on a manual Bridgeport with a dro and x axis power feed, also a rather large Clausing lathe with no bells or whistles. Another note the shop is going through the patent process and needed my drawings for the project, well there was none it was all in my thick head . So I had to disassemble and backwards engineer it and draw it up with measurements. These are the pics of it disassembled and all ready machined up, no action shots sorry. I dont think I will get all of the pics posted this evening but I'll try , If you have questions or comments fire away. Thanx for looking.   
                                                                                                                                       Dave. 

Offline scout800

Re: Custom hood opener
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 08:08:39 PM »
And more pics

Offline Kjelle

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 03:11:58 AM »
Wow!
 :headbang:

Kjelle

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 10:21:44 AM »
Nice clean solution for a nice car!

Job well done!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.