Author Topic: Hello from Vermont  (Read 3458 times)

Offline vtcnc

Hello from Vermont
« on: February 13, 2015, 09:41:05 PM »
Hi, new member, Bryan, from Vermont! I share interest in RC Helicopters, machining and 3d printing. My profession is in plant management, I currently work in Burlington, VT at Edlund Co. I have small hobby machines that I really enjoy working with, modifying and making tooling for. I'm planning on building a Gingery shaper and dividing head this spring and summer. Hope to be able to connect with members here and learn a lot!

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Hello from Vermont
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 01:28:42 AM »
Hi Bryan  :wave:

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Would love to see some of your RC stuff. Like the small indoor copters myself... but having an interest in quads (thanks Ralph!). In the process of acquiring the parts to do a decent FPV one now.

Love Burlington. Been there a few times... Always enjoy crossing Lake Champlain on the ferry to get there.

Look forward to you joining in the conversation!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 03:08:09 PM »
hi and welcume

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 03:14:31 PM »
Hi Eric, we seem to have a lot in common, including nicknames on a couple other sites!  I lived in Burlington for a dozen years. Looking forward to your Gingery projects! :beer:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline vtcnc

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 11:58:19 PM »
Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, I'll share once I get going on the gingery stuff. Looks like there are a bunch of others who have been down this path before...good to know it is well worn and easy to follow!

We moved up this way about 15 years ago. Was born and raised smack in the middle of VT...its a lot more metropolitan up here on the big city of Burlington, what with 40,000 people and all! ☺

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »
welcome there's a lot of info on here to explore.

Eldest son's into RC helicopters , so I've an excuse to get interested!

Largest helicopter took out the kitchen lights ( his mother wanted him to show her how it worked and.....). So now got an outdoor rated one

Keeps me busy

Offline vtcnc

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 08:02:38 PM »
My first helicopter was a nitro Hirobo. Beautiful and large! Had no idea I've my head I was. The first time I few it I got it about a foot off the ground, realized that this good go badly and put it down and killed the engine. I sold it and downgraded to a smaller electric. Much less nerve racking to learn with and is a lot cheaper parts and down time when you crash. And you WILL crash!