Author Topic: 2015 Tool Sale Buys  (Read 3933 times)

Offline Ginger Nut

2015 Tool Sale Buys
« on: February 22, 2015, 12:34:55 AM »
I just dropped in to show off some new old tools I bought this morning.
I saw in the old Car Boot Sale thread no one has been buying much since September. Could be the UK snow storms and foul weather putting a damper on things I suppose, but for us down under its still Summer heading for autumn.

I thought I'd start up a new 2015 title even if I only use it myself.

Anyway here in Sydney The Traditional Tools Group hold annually their Tool sale this time of year some 50 tables indoors and just as well as its was wet outside. Sorry no photos of the sale and tables of mostly wood tools. Still tables were adorned with spanners, shifters, vices. One fellow had a table dedicated to Engineering tools on which I spotted a Reversing Switch I hope will suit my Myford ML7 its an Aussie made one Kelly had a mate who is into electrics do a quick check of function and with his approval snapped it up for $25. Damn I was to slow for a set of matching alloy V-blocks at $30. Another junk table had a Vernier height gauge after 3 trips round the hall and one to little boys room I came back and picked it up for $20 no scriber points with it though. I can't see any makers name ATM it needs a good clean up first.

I also got two small chisels for my son stubby little things.

Offline Ginger Nut

Re: 2015 Tool Sale Buys
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 05:49:52 PM »
After sending a pic of the Vernier to a friend he's found he has a spare scriber for the height gauge  :D

Offline micktoon

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 06:20:40 PM »
Looks like you have been lucky , then lucky again getting the scriber  :thumbup:

Yes the boot season has been on tick over due to the winter, not that the winter has been a bad one , it just all goes onto stand by, any sales on seem to be half hearted affairs. John and Myself are waiting for the real start before we go, hopefully all the sellers will have fresh stock of high quality to dispose of  :drool:.........  By the end of the boot season we are totally sick of rumaging through the same old crap every week lol.
  We should be adding items here soon GN  :thumbup: :beer:

Cheers Mick.

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 06:58:54 PM »
Yes it wont be long now
4 boot sales in a single day is the present record
If we just saved the fuel money we could buy new tools lol
The fun is in the hunt
John

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 10:47:47 PM »
Thanks Mick I await its arrival (the scribe) its coming from Katherine way up north.

Have been watching the winter there as sis lives N.U.T also.

Poor John all those new M3 taper tools he's going to need, all those larger HSS and carbide cutters  :poke:

HUM never thought of it that way John save the fuel $$$ and buy new not such a  :loco: idea.........then again old is better than some of the new by far it has heritage, it has a story to tell its cheaper and often FREE  :D

Good luck in hunting you pair.

Just so you have an idea if LOML and I go off tool hunting it can be a round trip of 450k's a short one 12k's.