Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 3893 times)

Offline dwight9500

New to forum
« on: March 07, 2015, 05:54:10 PM »
I have been reading this forum for some time as a guest and figured it was time to join. I have seen some amazing projects and ideas and have implemented many of them, most with mods. I run a small fabrication shop in Las Vegas and do all sorts of one-off fabrication and repair work along with welding and CNC routing with a 5'x10' router I built. I am always adding new tooling and small devices to accomplish the work I am asked to do. I do a lot of motor rebuilding and repair and my current design/build project is a rotor balancer which is an easy mechanical build, but the electronics are challenging.

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: New to forum
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 06:38:44 PM »
Dwight

Welcome aboard MadModder. I am sure that you will find a good variety of projects to catch your interest, literaly something new every day. If you have any questions just ask, always someone around to give an answer or an opinion. We look forward to your participation in the various forums.  :D :D :)

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 09:40:33 PM »
Hi Dwight, welcome!  :beer:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 04:43:30 PM »
hi and welcume

Offline MetalMagus

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 08:20:06 AM »
Hi Dwight,
If you are looking for electronics designs for balancing rotors try the GTBA forum. (Gas Turbine Builders Association)

It used to be £10 $15 to become a member but you are sent a CD containing all the archives. From memory there is a design in there for balancing rotors to very high speeds using a sound card from a PC.

Hope the info helps.

Regards

Sean

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 08:22:10 AM »
Hi dwight,

Welcome to the MadModder forum, look forward to seeing your futurecontributions.

Cheers David