Author Topic: Battery Power supply  (Read 4007 times)

Offline BillTodd

• Colchester Essex (where the lathes were made)
Battery Power supply
« on: January 05, 2021, 12:42:16 PM »
A while ago, in my Earth & Moon thread, I showed a picture of my battery power supply:

http://www.madmodder.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=12905.0;attach=46464;image

It generated a little interest , so I thought you might be interested in this latest version.

Last year I got the usual spam email from Banggood that advertised another version of the power supply module by Sinilink that has a built-in buck/boost circuit that allows it to generate a higher output voltage than input (ie 6-36 in 0-36v out @6A)  . It comes in two versions with and without a wifi option . The remote may seem silly but actually is pretty useful.

https://www.banggood.com/XYH3606W-or-XYH3606-CNC-DC-Buck-Boost-Converter-CC-CV-6-30V-to-0-36V-6A-216W-Power-Supply-Module-Adjustable-Regulated-Laboratory-Variable-WIFi-APP-Control-p-1767088.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=512637&rmmds=search

I've design the 3D printed case to use my standard 3pinXLR connectors (I use these a lot for other projects so have connector parts in stock)

I have made the base battery connector swappable so I can use a variety of 18v batteries (DeWalt, Bosch, Makita). and by adding a DPDT switch and a front panel battery socket , it is possible to use the PSU itself to charge its own battery (say from a car lighter-plug). The Sinilink has a nice Ah/Wh 'page' for monitoring and by using the over voltage protection and current limit it is possible to automate the charge process end-point.

If anyone's interested in the stl's , I'll pop them on my google drive.
Bill

Offline BillTodd

• Colchester Essex (where the lathes were made)
Re: Battery Power supply
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 12:45:37 PM »
More pictures

Bill

Offline WeldingRod

Re: Battery Power supply
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 01:53:41 PM »
Your first one was so cool I had to make my own :-)
Super handy!  I need to make one to match my FIRST Robotics team's batteries too...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk