Author Topic: Hydraulic Die Forming for Jewelers & Metalsmiths  (Read 3851 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Hydraulic Die Forming for Jewelers & Metalsmiths
« on: May 13, 2008, 07:12:45 AM »
Hydraulic Die Forming for Jewelers & Metalsmiths
by: Susan Kingsley
20-Ton Press trade paper back
copyright©1993 3rd edition
ISBN# 0-9635832-04
20-Ton Press
Box 222492
Carmel California

Even though this book is another of the artist self published, like the last one it is of a higher standard as the pictures are of a better quality. That you can see what is in them. And understand what the author is talking about with the aid of the visuals.

* Equipment
    * Non-conforming Dies
    * Conforming Dies
    * Blanking Dies
    * Die Variations and Combinations
    * Glossary
    * Appendix and Index

At slightly less than 100 pages. It covers the subject matter of art metal die work as no other book does. You can find die work books for industry that gives the info. It explains all the needed info to start with simple dies and move up, along with the background information. She gives tips and tricks, and covers information in the appendix that you might be hard pressed to find on your own.
She gives enough pictures of examples of her work that you get a good idea of what can be done.
She is the Dean if you will of die forming. Along with the forum by a press maker here
you can be off on pressing matters It does show building your own press,from parts that can be had with out a full shop. A line of the resources, suppliers and the like finish it out.
This is another one of the books that are hawked as rare and difficult to locate,and can be way over priced. Again contact them at the above address if you can't find it at a jewelery supplier. As it is put out every couple years.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen