Author Topic: How to Solve Drought  (Read 16291 times)

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Re: How to Solve Drought
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 11:39:03 AM »
Funny you should ask, Rob! just trying to figure out how to get a sheltered outside space for firing the darn thing in the rain.

I've got a shed roof adjacent to the tiny shop, actually intended for the purpose, poured a pad last fall, but suddenly housing 3 unused bikes and other family stuff, which I will be moving out.

Probably need a small hood of some sort over the furnace and metal chimney even though unsided. Might do that stuff today.

ps. Oz sorry to hear that! It's the weatherman's fault!

Hey if I get the sheltered furnace going it's sure to clear up!
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

RobWilson

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 12:40:50 PM »
I could do with a sheltered open sort of space Steve ,

I was planning on doing a bit sheet metal work tonight , bend up the hood for the forge but its blowing a gale and showery  :Doh: 

Rob

Offline DMIOM

• Isle of Man
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 12:55:31 PM »
It's persisting it down here,as well. Lovely this morning,now we've got torrential rain and 60mph gusts of wind.

At this time it is the first week of the TT race festival and there are thousands of our visitors camped out in tents  .....OZ.

The number of trees that are down (current ones I've heard of Ballacraine, Ginger Hall, Milntown, Poortown Rd.),  signs/bales blown into carriageway on Southern 100 course + those big round (half ton!) hay bales apparently in road at the Raven :bugeye: I'm not surprised tonight's practice is cancelled - they could maybe have had a motocross instead? 

Lots of local organisations opening village halls etc. & private individuals welcoming soggy bikers into their homes  :coffee:  Thankfully the forecast is high pressure building towards the end of the week ....

Dave

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 01:14:59 PM »
Yikes, I'm sorry guys --- it kinda looks like it starts right here and extends all the way over to you. :wave:

Maybe I shouldn't have started to dig that cistern.......
Steve

RobWilson

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015, 01:19:52 PM »
Aye thats a real twats trick sending us YOUR rain  Steve   :lol: :lol:

Rob

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 01:32:29 PM »
Must share, global village and all..... :med:
No more wisecracks, or I'll buy an air conditioner and freeze your sass!  :lol:
Steve

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 03:13:49 PM »
That explains why our Marquee got wrecked today. Its sort of epicentered on Malahide, in th eNorth Conty Dublin :bugeye:
Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

RobWilson

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 03:49:00 PM »
Must share, global village and all..... :med:
No more wisecracks, or I'll buy an air conditioner and freeze your sass! 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :)

Rob

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 07:30:22 PM »
Yep, that little lot passed overhead about 3 hours ago, I thought the dock was going to flood it rained that hard...
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline Manxmodder

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 09:51:38 PM »
It's persisting it down here,as well. Lovely this morning,now we've got torrential rain and 60mph gusts of wind.

At this time it is the first week of the TT race festival and there are thousands of our visitors camped out in tents  .....OZ.

The number of trees that are down (current ones I've heard of Ballacraine, Ginger Hall, Milntown, Poortown Rd.),  signs/bales blown into carriageway on Southern 100 course + those big round (half ton!) hay bales apparently in road at the Raven :bugeye: I'm not surprised tonight's practice is cancelled - they could maybe have had a motocross instead? 

Lots of local organisations opening village halls etc. & private individuals welcoming soggy bikers into their homes  :coffee:  Thankfully the forecast is high pressure building towards the end of the week ....

Dave

Just listening to the local news earlier and the Met office were saying that today has seen the highest  wind speeds for June recorded over the last 50 years,if not longer.

57 mph recorded at Ronaldsway airport,and around 75mph at Snaefell  :bugeye:

Sure is going to be a massive clear up operation tomorrow if they hope to get the evenings race practice under way....OZ.
Helixes aren't always downward spirals,sometimes they're screwed up

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2015, 10:16:17 AM »
Sorry to read about the very strong winds and rain  :( .

The rains still haven't stopped here this morning so we're into day 3 of it, though we didn't get winds on the scale you guys are receiving.

Temperatures have really dropped, and I started up the woodstove again this morning -- first time in weeks. Temp is 9 C now and won't get much higher today. It hit 29 C just a week ago.  :loco:
Steve

Offline Manxmodder

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2015, 07:58:40 PM »
Steve,it is unseasonably cold here too,really struggling to make double figures,degs Centigrade.

Tonight's race practice session was cut short due to showers and strong gusts,however,the weather man says it will be getting warmer over the next few days.

I do hope we get some decent weather for next week when the actual race events are scheduled as many of the competitors have invested all they have to come and race here......OZ.
Helixes aren't always downward spirals,sometimes they're screwed up