Author Topic: 0 to 4" micrometre refit  (Read 4706 times)

Offline krv3000

0 to 4" micrometre refit
« on: May 17, 2015, 03:16:39 PM »
hi all just a little post I got this micrometre today at the boot sale in all it looks worse than it is first thing  striped out the box and gave it all a good scrub up cleaned all the light rust off with wire wool then a dunk in me ultrasonic tank then gave them a buff up with brasso then sum light oil  as good as new and the cost of the micrometre £6 right picks   

Offline Pete W.

Re: 0 to 4" micrometre refit
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 03:39:01 PM »
Hi there, Bob,

That's turned out well, you've given it a new lease of life.   :mmr:   :mmr:   :mmr: 
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline JD

• Gosport Hampshire UK
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 04:04:34 PM »
Bob, I have a couple of micrometers that could do with some TLC. Where did you get your ultrasonic cleaner from?
Thanks for sharing your restoration work with us cracking job as usual :thumbup: :thumbup:.
JD
If you cant fix it hit it with a bigger hammer

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 04:24:24 PM »
hi the ultrasonic tank was from ALDI £19.99 but the cleaning fluid is from work ? as to watt its name is as wee have a industrial size tank at work     

Offline millwright

• Leeds West Yorshire
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 05:05:17 PM »
A nice refurbishment Bob, I wouldnt have expected owt else from you, and a bloody good six quids worth as well.

John

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 09:03:27 PM »
Great job, Bob!  :clap: :clap: You've got me interested now in those ultrasonic cleaners.  :beer:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline krv3000

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 04:00:28 PM »
thanks all for the comments the maximum time on the timer on the tank is 6 mints but I just keep resetting it in all the parts where in there for 1 hawer then changed the water did that twice I have had this for neely 1 year and it dus watt it says on the tin  you can by different types of cleaning concentrate on the net in the instructions it recommends washing up liquid