Author Topic: Hello from macclesfield  (Read 4646 times)

Offline Fleety

Hello from macclesfield
« on: July 07, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »
hello all,

I came across this site after seeing a few posts about it on the mig-welding forum.

Im a keen tinkerer living in Macclesfield and I have always got a project or two on the go, unfortunately my projects are usually a little more rough around the edges that some of the great workmanship you see on here.

I served my time as a fitter turner but haven't done any machining in a professional capacity for some time, I do however use a 13" Harrison that I have in the shed and I have recently bought a little Marlow milling machine to complement It.

I look forward to seeing some more of everyones projects. and I may post some of my own if I feel they are worthy.

Rory

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
Re: Hello from macclesfield
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 03:15:50 PM »
Heyup Rory.

Welcome to the Collective!  :borg:

Don't sell yourself short! With your background and experience, we should get along very nicely.  :thumbup:

Join in. Enjoy! 

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 04:55:03 AM »

Hi Rory

Welcome to the forum, with your background, and the machines you possess, you have the ideal basis, for constructing most things shown on MadModder. Do show us the things you have made, as comments made by members you will find helpful and encouraging.

Good  Luck
                                                                               Cheers David

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 05:20:37 PM »
hi and welcume

Offline Fleety

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 06:27:56 PM »
im away from home at the moment, once I get back I will post a  few pics up of the machines and some projects that I have completed in the past.

most of my projects are repairs to pieces of plant and machinery but now and again I build something nice for myself.

Offline Fleety

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 06:34:10 PM »
heres a pic of the 13" Harrison when I first got it a while ago, it came with a 3 jaw and a 4 jaw, but the 4 jaw was a L00 instead of a L0. ive still not got round to getting a L0 yet.

its a little rough and ready but it does a good job of the pins and bushes for machines that I need.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 02:31:35 AM »
Someone's stolen your tail stock and cross feed handle  :bugeye:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Fleety

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »
the cross feed handle had to come off to get it thru the narrow door and the tailstock was taken off for a good clean up as it was a bit sticky.