Author Topic: Melting Furnace  (Read 17549 times)

Offline Neubert1975

Re: Melting Furnace
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 03:33:26 AM »

Next year, a laser will be required, with your head in the tube to see where it's cutting.  :lol:
[/quote]

:lol:

Offline edward

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 04:10:39 AM »
I do wonder at some of the stuff on Youtube. I guess the videos and advice on the internet are worth what you pay for them:) That said, I have seen some stuff that is downright dangerous.

Offline Neubert1975

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 04:24:20 AM »
I do wonder at some of the stuff on Youtube. I guess the videos and advice on the internet are worth what you pay for them:) That said, I have seen some stuff that is downright dangerous.

sure, some people think its pure fun, and dont think about the safety, untill the day they or someone els get hurt.

I have seen people pouring on the outsite surface, i guesh they haven seen molten metalīs reaction when it hits concrete with a little moisture in it, well i have, its becomes a projectile.

Offline edward

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2015, 05:23:50 AM »
Very true Neubert. Doesn't just apply to engineering stuff.

I do a lot of Scuba diving in the UK and there is a video kicking around on the net called something like 'drysuit use for beginners' which advises adding air to your suit as you come up. This is the complete reverse of the true situation and could lead to a rapid ascent and possible damage/death. Thing is, it is aimed at beginners and they potentially wouldn't know it was wrong. I have complained but it hasn't been taken down.

Offline Neubert1975

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2015, 06:18:41 AM »
Very true Neubert. Doesn't just apply to engineering stuff.

I do a lot of Scuba diving in the UK and there is a video kicking around on the net called something like 'drysuit use for beginners' which advises adding air to your suit as you come up. This is the complete reverse of the true situation and could lead to a rapid ascent and possible damage/death. Thing is, it is aimed at beginners and they potentially wouldn't know it was wrong. I have complained but it hasn't been taken down.

Its wierd that so many people make all those stupid things, afterall it dosent take logn to use the internet at find out how to do things the right/safe way, and use a little common sence

Offline edward

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 08:34:59 AM »
True, although the old adage 'common sense isn't that common' seems particularly true in diving!

Offline Neubert1975

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 09:12:12 AM »
your right about that for sure.

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 08:19:55 PM »
On the plus side though usually showing a interest in something pushes you to watch quite a number of utube video's that will point out the bad information and stress the safety factors.

Offline Neubert1975

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2015, 01:08:36 PM »
On the plus side though usually showing a interest in something pushes you to watch quite a number of utube video's that will point out the bad information and stress the safety factors.

sure for moast people it does, guesh there will always be those  :loco:

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2015, 04:32:32 PM »
I agree totally that is why the rest of them can register here:
http://www.darwinawards.com/

Offline Neubert1975

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2015, 04:57:32 PM »
I agree totally that is why the rest of them can register here:
http://www.darwinawards.com/

:thumbup: