Author Topic: For UK members  (Read 6686 times)

bogstandard

For UK members
« on: April 25, 2009, 01:37:41 PM »
You have all seen the news recently about our most trusted and loyal allies, the Ghurkas. Being refused citizenship even though they have loyally been laying down their lives for our country for 200 years.

Please sign the following petition to show this backstabbing, money grabbing, sleaze filled (and any other derogatory comment that you can think of) government that the general population doesn't agree with their decision.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/

John

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
Re: For UK members
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 05:39:21 PM »
Done,

How could you not after what the government does allow in.
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline old-biker-uk

• Taunton, Somerset
    • An Old Biker's Stuff
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 04:55:44 AM »
Done
What you say and what people hear are not always the same thing.

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 05:24:48 AM »
So the petition is for UK folks only?  Pity, I would have 'signed' otherwise.

Not so long ago, 2003 actually, we had a little job to do at Baghdad Airport, there is a picture of the airport on our website www.cnd.co.nz.  We camped in a multi story concrete building next to the control tower.  All around was surrounded by barbed wire and a few thousand Americans,  closer in was an inner compound with more barbed wire and Australian Air Force guards constantly patrolling and closer still (camped at the entrances to the building) we had Ghurkas.  So I have a soft spot for Ghurkas ever since.
From the den of The Artful Bodger

ja2on

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 06:14:01 AM »
Done  :thumbup:

How could you not after what the government does allow in.

well said

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 06:19:35 AM »
So the petition is for UK folks only?  Pity, I would have 'signed' otherwise.

Sign it anyway, what do you have to loose, I'm sure it would help.
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 03:46:23 PM »
Darren, if you dont tick the UK resident box you get a red message saying the vote will probably be ignored. But I sent it anyway.
From the den of The Artful Bodger

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 04:41:53 AM »
No discussion, just a link, your choice http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/please-go/

bogstandard

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 02:04:31 PM »
Gents,

It looks like all of you who put your finger in our little pie have actually achieved something. It might only have been a few of us on here, but it has shown that with just a little bit of effort, mountains can be moved.

With lots of fingers going into many thousands of individual little pies all around the country, as you have most probably seen, this crappy government (and I am a Labour man myself, so it is not politics on my part) has been given a very bloody nose, and it looks like that maybe they will be forced to do a u-turn over the issue.

Many thanks for your support to give these great little men a fair deal.

Bogs

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 02:53:27 PM »

Isn't democracy great  :thumbup:

Stew
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

ja2on

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 03:39:49 PM »
A victory for common sense at last  :ddb:

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 01:07:52 AM »
I Love them myself... My dad spent 2 months in the jungle with them. He still talks of that two months as one of the best, most challenging times he had in the military.

We STILL... have the machete one of them made during that 2 month time in the jungle.

My dad was always talking about how he took a spring off a jeep the first or second day he was with them. THen every time they stopped he would take a rock he picked up someplace along the hike, and sit during the breaks and run that rock across the edge SLOWLY shaping it into the proper machete.
The damn thing is ultra sharp.. neat curve to the blade.
The Gurkha who was sharpening this thing the entire trip, and my dad got on real well, and they taught him a LOT about jungle survival. At the end of the trip he gave the sharpened blade to my dad.

(And yes I joined too)

Scott
SPiN Racing