Author Topic: Belated Hello  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Hiker_Bob

Belated Hello
« on: August 30, 2015, 07:33:52 PM »
I'm a few weeks late with this having been away for a bit then busy doing a fairly large re-organise of the layout of my shed. I'd not quite been at a point where I was happy to post a picture of the mess I was creating.
I'm Bob from Queensland, Australia. I seem to tinker across too many things to develop the discipline to get great at any of them but have a lot of fun in the process.

Efforts in the shed/workshop seem to mostly be around fiddling with the tools in the shed and making up some bits for astronomy, not much completed in the regard although one of my older projects (mostly electronics) is described at http://www.iceinspace.com.au/63-597-0-0-1-0.html.

I've just been replacing and extending shelving and benches as well as changing the layout to try and make a more usable workspace. Not quite finished yet but in a much better state than I was a month ago. I work full time so shed time is mostly evenings if I've enough energy left at that stage of the day. I've also recently started a short online robotics course which has me spending far to much time away from the shed and battling matrix maths, an interesting challenge for a brain that's not touched that stuff since the previous century.

A big thank you to all those who have posted such great build logs and comments and feedback. A great inspiration. I need to develop the discipline to document what I'm doing better and start trying to share some of that.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:20:01 PM by vtsteam »

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Re: Belated Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 08:10:51 PM »
Hi Bob and welcome! Wow that is chock full. But relatively organized compared to the messes I seem to always revert to after an organizing binge.

Looking forward to reading about your projects!  :beer:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline Hiker_Bob

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 08:14:56 PM »
Thanks, I just noticed that the image is on it's side. Sorry about that. Hoping I can get the shed to the state where it's not to difficult to return the chaos to some form of normality easily - a hope that I'm not entirely confident in.

Bob

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 08:21:26 PM »
No problem, I shrunk and rotated it for you. Best to shrink images to 800 pixels wide for the forum in future, btw.
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 12:28:25 PM »
hi and welcume

Offline John Rudd

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 12:55:50 PM »
Hi H-B, welcome to Madmodder...  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:56:12 AM by John Rudd »
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline Hiker_Bob

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 04:50:09 AM »
Thanks for all the welcomes. http://madmodder.net/Smileys/default/madmodderrocks.png Hoping I can be a useful member of this community. Next step might be to learn how to get those animated graphics to show as graphics in a message.

Bob

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 11:46:42 AM »
Hi and welcome  :thumbup:

To place the graphics, put your 'writing cursor ' ( a flashing vertical bar ) where you want the smiley, then click the smiley with your mouse
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 09:38:46 PM »
Hi Bob  :wave:

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.