Author Topic: Geneva Mechanism  (Read 7996 times)

Offline Weston Bye

• Grand Blanc, Michigan
Geneva Mechanism
« on: April 26, 2009, 10:14:11 AM »
Here is what I have left of the stuff I submitted for my first article in Home Shop Machinist.  This was back in the days of paper and photo manuscript submissions.  I am putting them up as a test.  If this isn't readable I will add to it or expand on certain areas.
Most of you will be familiar with the principles of the Geneva to provide intermittent motion, and lockup of the output wheel between indexes.

More later.

Weston
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:17:36 AM by Weston Bye »
Weston Bye
Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts.
author of The Mechatronist column
Digital Machinist magazine

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
Re: Geneva Mechanism
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 10:32:36 AM »
Hi Weston

Thanks for posting pics its always interesting to see how people go about things. I was trying to recognise the mill it doesn't look too big ?.  :scratch:

Stew
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

Offline Weston Bye

• Grand Blanc, Michigan
Re: Geneva Mechanism
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 11:04:09 AM »
Stew,

My principal machines are a Sherline lathe and mill.  I also have an Atlas 6" lathe that I use mostly for threading and a clapped out WW1 vintage horizintal mill with a Bridgeport M head grafted on.  A few years back I concious decision to downsize my shop area when I built a new house, so my projects are sized for the machinery.  I also have the 4 x 6 bandsaw, gas and stick welding equipment and some woodworking equipment, but these reside in the cold garage.

Weston
Weston Bye
Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts.
author of The Mechatronist column
Digital Machinist magazine