Author Topic: Model Subaru engine  (Read 2991 times)

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
Model Subaru engine
« on: February 09, 2017, 06:00:10 PM »
Pretty certain it was this forum but could be mistaken.
A while ago 3 + years ? someone posted a few pictures of a Subaru engine they were building.

What they were doing was building a static model out of 1mm card and slicing the model up into layers which were then cut on a laser cutter.
I remember seeing a picture of a two block cylinder head all assembled out of card.

In fact it was one thing that turned the light bulb on for me as to what a laser cutter could do as regard stacked patterns.

I lost the link to the thread [ if it was on here ] and would like to save a copy of that picture. A quick web search has so far found nothing.
I am posting this on the HMEM group as well in case I have sites mixed up but will update both sites if I receive anything.
John Stevenson

Offline redshift

Re: Model Subaru engine
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:57:10 AM »
Any good to you John
Dave

Offline millwright

• Leeds West Yorshire
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 05:04:51 AM »
John ,  have you tried googling laser cut paper craft?  And then looking at the images. I came across this one
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=laser+cut+paper+craft&safe=active&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjG1ZDpoYXSAhXILMAKHTHYCk4Q_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=536#safe=active&tbm=isch&q=laser+cut+paper+craft+engine&imgrc=_
On several of the pages there are links to  other sites snd forums.

John.

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 04:16:27 PM »
I have never seen the Subaru engine one but Yamaha do them for a lot of the motorcycles, so is it possible that scoobi do them!
Lyn.