Author Topic: PeterE builds a 3d Printer  (Read 67469 times)

Offline picclock

Re: PeterE builds a 3d Printer
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »
Hi PeterE

I wish you every success with your house maintenance. It seems to me that its a never ending task which drags you away from the important things in life  :beer:.

Good luck getting your printer sorted. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. If you have filament opened may I recommend storing it in a plastic tub with reusable silica gel as a cheap energy efficient way of keeping it dry.

Best Regards

picclock

Engaged in the art of turning large pieces of useful material into ever smaller pieces of (s)crap. (Ferndown, Dorset)

Offline PeterE

• Gothenburg
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2016, 05:14:05 PM »
He he, thanks picclock. The truth is that I do love to work with home improvements as well as fiddle around in the metqal workshop, as well as fiddle around in the garden, as well as fiddle around in the metal workshop, as well as fiddle with my model railroad layout, and also participate in a small MR club at a bi-weekly schedule when I am not on business travel.

So it is really a matter of time slotting to get all things running at sort of a pace, but the joy of looking at the achievements afterwards makes it worth all planning and scheduling.

BR

/Peter
Always at the edge of my abilities, too often beyond ;-)

Offline PeterE

• Gothenburg
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2016, 05:16:12 PM »
So the first major step is done on the home improvement job. About 40 sqm of decking "floorboards" have been changed from 22X95 mm to 28x120 mm. A considerable change that will make the deck much stronger and last longer.

While at it I thought that why not add some decorative lighting.  A 24 VDC system for a buch of LED-lights of varaious types. Turned out quite well and also to the pleasure of the wife.

Next up is the corner bench with storage and then the big job is done before vacation  :ddb: :ddb: :ddb:

BR

/Peter

PS I needed the break from the 3D challenge, but willg et at it later on. DS
Always at the edge of my abilities, too often beyond ;-)