Author Topic: a screw jack  (Read 3817 times)

Offline krv3000

a screw jack
« on: September 13, 2015, 05:47:04 PM »
hi all on my rummage at the boot sale sum time a go I got a screw jack all on its own as per a bit rusty and un loved after having a bit of a tidy up I fawned him again so I decided to make him  a partner but I had to modify the original one sos no pics of this bit I changed the thread from sum sort of inch to metric 6 mm  the base dimension on the original one is 31.5 mm but I had no bare that size but I got a bit of my friend peter  witch was 38 mm di that will do so the first job was to finger out the taper on the mane body just put the original on in the chuck and set the top slide to that angel and made a note of it then just bash't a way the pics of the knurling did not turn out so good so only pics of the finish knurling any way pics 

Offline micktoon

Re: a screw jack
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 06:48:58 PM »
Looks very smart Bob, no doubt will be a handy little tool about the place too.
 Cheers Mick

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 08:17:39 PM »
Nice job I'm suprised to see the pointy top I've only seen flat top models.

Offline SwarfnStuff

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 02:38:19 AM »
Look good but which one is salt and which pepper? I too have not seen conical tops but hey, there's lots I have not seen. Seems they would be good for jacking where hole or some other than flat face needs jacking??
Nice Job,
  John B
Converting good metal into swarf sometimes ending up with something useful. ;-)

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 05:54:28 PM »
yep I will show you my other two they have removable tops  so you can have a point or a flat or a v