Author Topic: Public Apology  (Read 10672 times)

Offline rotorhead

Public Apology
« on: November 01, 2015, 05:13:16 AM »
Hello All,

It would seem that I have made an enormous gaff.

I had absolutely no idea of krv3000's issue, so it is with a heavy heart that I apologise sincerely for my insensitive ribbing

I'm very sorry krv3000, I too have had a serious head injury when I fell backwards off the back of my lorry, ending up with a clot the size of an orange on my brain, wasn't expected to survive the night.

So again sorry...
Chris
Sunny Scunny,
North Lincolnshire.

Offline micktoon

Re: Public Apology
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 06:02:17 AM »
Hi Chris, I am sure no harm has been done and good man for saying sorry for nowt more than an innocent mistake  :thumbup: , no malice was intended but just goes to show unless we know people first hand it's tricky to know what's safe as joke on forums etc, I am sure others will learn too. Cheers for posting.
  Cheers Mick

Offline Pete.

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 06:11:07 AM »
I thought it was because Bob liked to drink out of the coolant tank :D

Chris, fair play to ya :thumbup:

Offline Lew_Merrick_PE

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 12:20:34 PM »
Hey -- If you can't scream & yell, jump up & down, and foam at the mouth with your friends, who can you jump up & down, scream & yell, and foam at the mouth with?  ;-)

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 05:36:21 PM »
hi thanks for the apology but as got thick skin I no it must be hard for sum of you to follow sum of my post with my spelling bin so bad but even spell check has grate difficulty in putting it right  I have my good days and my bad days as long as you all enjoy watt I do then as happy

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 05:53:29 PM »
hi thanks for the apology but as got thick skin I no it must be hard for sum of you to follow sum of my post with my spelling bin so bad but even spell check has grate difficulty in putting it right  I have my good days and my bad days as long as you all enjoy watt I do then as happy

Then stay happy Bob, because I enjoy what you do...
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 05:56:32 PM »
Hey Bob, we all appreciate you just as you are.  :thumbup: you contribute some amazing material for us to follow along with. I'm sure that Chris never intended to give offence, he was intending to tease.
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline rotorhead

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »
Hi All,

I feel very humbled, if you can be that... :beer:
Chris
Sunny Scunny,
North Lincolnshire.

Offline sparky961

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 06:30:39 PM »

Appropriate or not, I have to say it's kind of fun figuring out what some of your posts are about.  Sometimes I look at the way things are written phonetically and I'm amazed that someone would come up with that. 

Thankfully I missed whatever was the original cause of this little kerfuffle (woo hoo!  First time I've found a place to put that word!) but I'm thankful to have my curiosity satisfied as to the reason behind it.

All said and done, it's well worth any time or effort it takes to understand what you've written.

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 07:05:05 PM »
I enjoy reading the posts like that it reminds me of sitting at the Grandparents years ago reading Oor Willie and The Bruins  :beer:

Offline SwarfnStuff

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 02:26:13 AM »
My two cents worth.
   I agree with Sparky's comments in that I too have to exercise my grey matter somewhat more than usual at times but do understand Bob's meaning. Also Bob's posts are always good to see whether it's his finds at the car boot sale or one of his restoration projects.
Plus, Chris has been man enough to apologize, something many seem incapable of.

:mmr:

John B
Converting good metal into swarf sometimes ending up with something useful. ;-)

Offline PekkaNF

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 03:08:26 AM »
Well, we are a bunch of motley crew and VERY human.

I have mild dystolexia that actually shows up more in my mother tongue than in English. When I was at the school if you had this condition you were considered lazy or dumb. School can be hard if other students try their best to tease and ridicule you and teacher joins in. I pretty much ignored all of them, and that is probably the only hadicap I have. I have learned pretty much ignore message that I perceive as an insult.

Then again when I working near Chester/UK most of the fellows were very joyfull and their language was colorful acordingly. I miss those times and their expressions cracked me up all the time an I might have picked up few of myself. Some were pretty dry on their humour, some had all the fireworks and then started carpet bombing. Still enjoy reading the posts of British writers, althoug here everyone on very PC.

Spell checkers are made for normal people, they do help enourmosly if you can write almost right. But if you are wired a little different they are really frustrating to fight against to. Yes, they seem to work against you instead of helping you, like a go driver that is yelling at you all the way.

I like this forum, because here you can find and educated/experienced opinion on lot of stuff.

Pekka

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2015, 03:56:00 AM »
Well done Chris it takes balls to do that
I am used to Bobs spelling now lol
John

Offline Manxmodder

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2015, 05:46:50 AM »
Chris, good man for making the appology.

I've gotten very familiar with Bob's style of writing so find it fairly easy to to understand even when he's having a bad day.

The forum is very much enrichened by the subject material that Bob puts up,so keep them coming Bob.
.....OZ.
Helixes aren't always downward spirals,sometimes they're screwed up

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 06:22:53 AM »
[Minor thread hijack - sorry Chris in advance]

Then again when I working near Chester/UK most of the fellows were very joyfull and their language was colorful acordingly.

Hi Pekka - you worked near Chester? Whereabouts if you don't mind me asking?

I was born in Chester, and apart from a few years in London/Essex, have lived within 20 miles of it all my life... Like everyone who lives in the region, and who does IT, I spent some time working for one of the two major finance companies in the city (MBNA is one, I worked for their rival Capital Bank formerly NWS formerly North West Securities). I've always loved the city, even with my obvious bias towards it.

Cheers!
Ade.
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline rotorhead

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 03:23:35 PM »
Hi All,

Thank you all for all your support in this unusual situation.

I hope both Bob and Glen(PTsideshow) won't mind my clarification, as to why I made this public apology.

It wasn't Bob's spelling that I supposedly criticized, I wouldn't do that to anyone, I'm no English expert, it was a reply to Bobs post about his 'Stand too far'.

I wrote a question to Bob in very silly phonetic English, which might, and was perceived as having a pop at Bob's spelling.

It was rightly deleted, before too many members might get the very wrong impression.

Chris
Sunny Scunny,
North Lincolnshire.

Offline Pete.

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 05:50:32 PM »
So you've been drinking from the coolant tank aswell? :D

Offline rotorhead

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 07:10:47 PM »

Got it one Pete.
Chris