Author Topic: Hi from David in Cheshunt UK  (Read 4288 times)

Offline davro

Hi from David in Cheshunt UK
« on: October 03, 2015, 08:55:39 PM »
Hi all
My name is David Stevens aka davro, I am a long time software engineer with a craving for something more analog :med: I also make moulds and all sorts of carbon fibre products and sheet in the composite corner of the workshop.

I have just bought myself a sieg lathe and milling machine that i'm currently converting into a CNC mill with linuxcnc, but am quite enjoying learning about machining and milling :scratch:

Here is my first project a few different sized dress up aluminium washers.

Here are some pictures of my pride and joy a Dax Rush roundtube chassis with a hayabusa engine, and the reason for buying a new lathe this car has been built, rebuilt, rebuilt, redesigned, now starting to get re engineered.

And a big fan of doubleboost :thumbup:

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Hi from David in Cheshunt UK
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 12:32:04 AM »
Hiya Davro  :wave:

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Big fan of doubleboost myself.

I also make moulds and all sorts of carbon fibre products and sheet in the composite corner of the workshop.

Please tell us (me!!) more about this. I have been tinkering with CF for a while. Made some parts here and there but have been having an issue with making molds.

Pictures of the Dax Rush didn't come through.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Pete.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 05:35:39 AM »
Hi Dave, welcome to Madmodder!

I've done a bit of Hayabusa modifying myself. I bet you wouldn't mind one of these for your Dax!

Offline davro

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 08:28:35 AM »
Hi Brass_Machine I have quite a few mould making videos on my youtube channel, where I have made moulds for the front cycle wings, bonnet scoop, side wings, dashboard, and bonnet scoop I use the easycomposites uni-mould system for all my moulds. I have put a composite project log on talkcomposites that is quite extensive http://www.talkcomposites.com/10707/Body-Package-for-Dax-Rush-with-Side-Intrusion-Bars

All the carbon/composite sheet that I make is done on an old ikea glass table that sits on top of a wooden box with a cheap argos fan heater in the box this allows my to get the glass surface up to about 80/90c and considering the low budget solution I get very good results with the glass table.

Not sure why the image are not coming though ? maybe as I hot linked them from google's cache ;) I have resized 3 images to 800 px and attached them ...

Hi Pete that's a fine looking turbo busa engine you have there :) I have been looking into supercharging mine with the TTS Performance setup with a Gen2 engine as my old Gen1 15 year old engine might not take to kindly to the boost, alway fancied having a race engine I can mess with and a well maintained standard engine for street driving and with my new found machining skills this could be a reality :)

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 09:16:43 AM »
Hi and welcum

Offline Arbalist

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 10:23:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum!