Author Topic: A long term restoration project  (Read 4386 times)

Offline smiffy

A long term restoration project
« on: December 01, 2015, 05:26:57 PM »
some photos of a long term restoration that i started in 1985 and has been left for many years . Iam now semi retired and have built a new shed so feel inspired to get going at it again .It is a early 1930s Crossley igl 3. I had previously restored a 1939 Crossley 1gl8  which is now owned by the grandson of the founder of the Crossley company

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: A long term restoration project
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 05:35:47 PM »
 This is going to be fun, I'm standing by for more details  :thumbup:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline smiffy

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 05:52:53 PM »
This has taken be since 1985 to get this far so  is not going to be a fast project .All the bonnet and front wings are made .The cab was built around the original glass which was all that survived of the cab .I now need to make a new exhaust manifold .The radiator is complete and I have found a spare in southwest France so will have to go on a little jolly to fetch that The most time consuming part is all the small parts that i will have to with no pattern to follow .I do have a original drivers manuel and spare parts book . By the way Andrew if you happen to go near Fairlight  cove could you take a picture  as i would love to see it as have not been back since the job finished and now live miles away.  Mike

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 04:03:12 AM »
Mike,

It shows up clearly on google maps aerial view:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.8756653,0.6620084,2016m/data=!3m1!1e3

Andrew Mawson
East Sussex