Author Topic: Itro New Member  (Read 3841 times)

Offline Biggles

Itro New Member
« on: January 07, 2016, 10:21:38 AM »
Hi All, I am a newbie who has been enthused and encouraged by your projects, especially rebuilding of the Harrison L5 lathe by micktoon. The last time I used a lathe was when the Harrison L5 was virtually new, at School! ; Now retired I would like to tinker with a lathe, to this end I recently purchased an L5A from EBay with no tools!    :doh:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:59:11 AM by Biggles »

Offline DMIOM

• Isle of Man
Re: Itro New Member
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:28:32 AM »
Welcome to the madhouse - you'll get answer galore, maybe even some that relate to a question you pose!

Dave (Isle of Man) - a fan of Capt. WE Johns when I was a youngster

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 10:40:41 AM »
Hi Biggles, a big welcome to the forum - I'm sure you'll find many another retired tinkerer on here ! Where abouts in Surrey are you - I'm East Sussex so probably not that far away

Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Pete W.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 03:25:08 PM »
Hi there, Biggles,

Welcome to Mad Modders.

I echo Andrew's question - where in Surrey are you?

Your avatar looks like a Dakota but it reminds me of the Vickers Vikings I used to see from the train as it passed Brooklands on my way to school at Woking.

By the way, I read you addition to Mick's Harrison lathe thread.  Your photos are about 30% off the right-hand edge of the screen and need a lot of cumbersome scrolling!  I earnestly suggest that you visit the 'Gallery' section of this site and read the advice there about posting photos.  It recommends the free-to-download software 'Fast Stone Resizer' - I've used it and it's very easy and convenient. 
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline krv3000

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 06:23:06 PM »
hi and welcume

Offline Biggles

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 01:19:40 AM »
Thanks all for the welcome, i have downloaded the software and resize all. i didnt realise they filled the page. See what i can do! :Doh: