Author Topic: Patternmaking Kinks  (Read 7446 times)

inthesticks

Patternmaking Kinks
« on: June 16, 2016, 10:16:16 PM »
Colvin & Stanley published a large number of foundry and machinist related books around the turn of the century. Thier Kinks series seemed to be very popular.
Lindsay Publications reprinted some of thier titles but I do'nt recall ever having seen this one. This copy was downloaded from the Internet Archive and is copyright free. The book is written in easy to read print and contains many tips (kinks) around patternmaking and patternmaking tools.

Cheers All
CB

Offline sparky961

Re: Patternmaking Kinks
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 10:55:41 PM »
There doesn't seem to be much information out there on pattern making these days. I'll certainly be taking a look at this one. Thanks!

inthesticks

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 03:02:06 PM »
I agree SPARKY961.Thiers lots of old info on places like the Internet Archive. Modern casting info. is all Automated High Tech. For the home caster there are a few guys Ammen, Gingery and Chastain come to mind who have published good get your hands dirty stuff the way they used to do it.Thier material is still copyrighted but if you look hard enough its out there. I have many more older books on pattermaking  most are over 10 MB so I can't upload then here, but there are a few more I can upload if you want.

Cheers
CB

inthesticks

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 12:06:59 AM »
Hello Sparky961

Here is one small file I have on pattern making. Its freely available on the web so you may have it, if not enjoy. :thumbup:

Cheers
CB

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 05:09:34 AM »
Many thanks, very good starting info in there.

Will
Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

inthesticks

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 10:25:04 PM »
Glad you like it Will.

Here's one thats much older 1906 but covers the topic very well. An easy to read very clean copy of "Practical Pattern Making" downloaded from the internet archive. Covers everything from wood to pattern shop math. :clap:

Cheers all
CB