Author Topic: My webster build  (Read 34408 times)

Offline dbvandy

Re: My webster build
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 11:12:34 AM »
Thanks for all nice comments guys!  I have always been pretty handy and live my life by the motto that my grandfather taught me... "if you can pay someone to do it, you can do it... might just cost more and take longer."  The Webster is not perfect, but I learned a lot along the way and have used that knowledge on the Otto build.  I like shiny.

Thanks again!

Doug
"if you can pay someone to do it, then you can do it... just might cost more and take longer."  ~Grandpa Vanderbilt

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »
Thanks for all nice comments guys!  I have always been pretty handy and live my life by the motto that my grandfather taught me... "if you can pay someone to do it, you can do it... might just cost more and take longer."  The Webster is not perfect, but I learned a lot along the way and have used that knowledge on the Otto build.  I like shiny.

Thanks again!

Doug

Doug

Smart man your Grandfather. I suspect that he taught you much more than just that saying. You have shown a fine example of what one can do if they put their mind to it and use a good dose of patience. I believe that your Grandfather would be very proud of you for what you have accomplished with this engine. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.  :ddb: :ddb:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline dbvandy

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 01:36:46 PM »

Smart man your Grandfather. I suspect that he taught you much more than just that saying. You have shown a fine example of what one can do if they put their mind to it and use a good dose of patience. I believe that your Grandfather would be very proud of you for what you have accomplished with this engine. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.  :ddb: :ddb:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Yea... miss him tons...  just in case you have not seen...  the newest addition to Vandy Engine Worx...

http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=4425.0
"if you can pay someone to do it, then you can do it... just might cost more and take longer."  ~Grandpa Vanderbilt

Offline krv3000

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 05:43:28 PM »
brill work

Offline dbvandy

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 09:43:47 PM »

Offline Chuck in E. TN

• USAF Retired
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2016, 10:37:24 AM »
here are some pics of the completed parts.

Was your Webster crank pictured made from scratch, or did you use the weed eater crank?

Chuck
Chuck in E. TN
Famous TN last words: "Hey ya'll, watch this..."
MicroMark 7x14, HF X2 mill, Green 4x6 saw. Harbor Freight 170A mig