Author Topic: Dual Fuel Gingery Type Furnace  (Read 61774 times)

Offline SwarfnStuff

Re: Dual Fuel Gingery Type Furnace
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2016, 02:31:30 AM »
Ha, Just shows the accuracy of the maxim that any vacant space will attract stuff, stuff and more stuff. Same thing for horizontal surfaces in the workshop. All mine are loaded to overflowing. Another clean up day is in the offing and then, ... I will need something I just tossed.  :bang: :bang:
John B
Converting good metal into swarf sometimes ending up with something useful. ;-)

inthesticks

« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2016, 03:44:06 AM »
I hear you John, I did a thinning out of my accumulating junk boxes a few years back, and sure enough some time later in the middle of a project I needed something I distinctly remembered throwing out thinking I would never need it. :doh:

Cheers
CB 

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2016, 05:24:15 PM »
Not ignorant at all Rob you have to experiance it to know it  :) I have had very few Halloween's without wet snow flying, but October is a funny month you could get hit any time. As far as accumulation the last 2 decades have been all over the place one wild year we had green grass in February :clap: other years we can get as much as 5 or 6 feet. :(

Cheers
CB
Same here around the end of October but it rarely gets more than 2" - 4" deep unless there is a drift, last year I think I shoveled snow maybe 5 / 6 times then the Chinook winds come and melt a lot of it.
When we were kids living in Victoria Bc we got sleds for Christmas but had to wait  3 years to use them!
Your just too far east!

inthesticks

« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2016, 10:52:24 PM »
No Tom I'm right where I want to be. Between the ice storms, floods, fires and tornadoes that have been making the news in your area the last few years I would be a little uneasy . Winter has its charms as do the changing of the seasons, my only bitch is the added chore of snowblowing my laneway which takes away from my shop time. :(

Cheers
CB

Offline Manxmodder

« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2016, 09:56:27 AM »
I don't think a discussion on the health hazards of handling different metal in our lives belongs here. Please start your own thread on this subject if you want to continue this discussion.

Cheers
CB

Absolutely right,but worth mentioning that it would be ill advised for anyone to consider drinking the molten contents of a crucible as it may prove injurious to ones health  :)

Keep up the fascinating posts......OZ.
Helixes aren't always downward spirals,sometimes they're screwed up

inthesticks

« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2016, 10:23:56 AM »
That sounds right OZ I have no argument there. I would have mentioned it but I figured the site disclaimer covered it. :D :)

Cheers
CB