The Breakroom > The Bookshelf

Modern Toolmaking Methods

<< < (2/6) > >>

inthesticks:
Had to double check my bookshelves but yup I got Lindsay's hard cover gold embossed reprint.I agree great book.

Cheers
CB

Oops sorry Rob I ment silver embossing. Looked gold in the light Iwas looking at it in.  :doh:

rogprov:
Thought I also had the same books but but checked my shelves and only found these old ones...

inthesticks:
Very nice ROGPROV I have most of these titles though not in such great shape.

While we're comparing these two are my all time favorites Joshua Rose's 2 vol. Modern Machine-Shop Practice. Its the original 1887 edition main body is in original condition the covers were tattered so I spent the money to have them professionally recovered. They are 11 X 14 and weigh about 11 lbs each.
I have them on disk but to big to upload here. I believe they can be downloaded on the Internet Archive site.  :)

Cheers
CB

RobWilson:
Ok I will play  :)

ROGPROV  I will see your   not so old   Newnes and Caxton books

And I will  see your very finely bound Modern machine shop practices CB  :thumbup: with my two volumes bound as one .

And raise you both with Holtzapffels turning and machanical manipulation 

And , Machinery's Encyclopedia

All in fun lads :)

CB ,  Roses book is one of my favourite books in my collection , rather large and heavy but an excellent volume .   

Rob 

inthesticks:
Yes Rob thats a very nice original of Rose's work. If my covers had not been so tattered I would have left original too. All in fun yes but I took the pictures so I have to upload them its the rull.  :) :)
They speak for themselves. Love the ICS Shop And Foundry Practice can't bring myself to recover the originals.

Cheers
CB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version