Author Topic: home made mill  (Read 44023 times)

Offline mattinker

Re: home made mill
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2017, 12:23:27 AM »
rather make me own

I completely understand, this is all about making things!! :thumbup:

All the best, Matthew

Offline krv3000

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2017, 02:32:19 AM »
well i started thisd post on the mill for two resons furst off ther is plenty of bench top mills out ther but they all have problems i don.t need a big mill as you can see by the pics of my work place i have plenty of big toys to play with the second reson is watt can be a cheved in a home workshop with not a lot of spear cash. a long time a go you cud by mill kits dezined to be made at home to be fiteed on to lathes
if you have the cash you can by out but not all have a desposabal incum and yep things have becum much cheeper and a lot of things that once was made at home are gnaw got on line but if you only need two why by 10  but thats just me 

Offline micktoon

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2017, 06:12:48 PM »
 Hi Bob , if you only need two why buy ten ........................ do you think that about drill bits too then  :clap: :thumbup: :lol:
  Cheers Mick

Offline krv3000

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2017, 05:48:08 PM »
lol no I will  snap 9 of them

Offline krv3000

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2017, 05:50:00 PM »
hi I must say sorry for my rant on sat was having a bad day so please forgive and give me a slap 

Offline micktoon

« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2017, 06:48:24 PM »
 Don't worry about your rant Bob............... but me and John will give you a good slap on Wednesday anyway lol  :poke: :thumbup:
  Cheers Mick

Offline chipenter

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2017, 02:27:32 AM »
It was a poke at your houry rate and making a profit at 25P an houre , I am sorry that you took it the wrong way .
Jeff

Offline krv3000

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2017, 02:42:45 PM »
hi chip let me apologize I got out the rong side of the bed the dog bit me the wife bunt me toast broke me best coffee cup the receptionist at work witch I have having my wicked way with told me she is pregnant ? don't no haw as I have the two bricks sterilisation er your not her boy friend are you ???  so its all my folt   and you can hit me with a big stick  :wack:

Offline chipenter

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2017, 03:27:47 PM »
                                 so its all my folt   and you can hit me with a big stick

OO S&M now your talking  :palm: I am 12 miles form the Channel tunnel , I can't find a stick long enugh   :offtopic:.
Jeff

Offline krv3000

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2017, 04:14:07 PM »
its ok I will make a helicopter and fly there     :)

Offline krv3000

« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2017, 04:11:52 PM »
hi all just an up date the mill ant moved on much its all up and running still a lot to do I got the d.r.o kit at the model show I got sum way covering  just no time to start and finish it  on a different  there was a mill head the same as mine up for sale at the show and they wanted a woping £800 and something  :bugeye: any way  im going  to get john over to do a vid of it so far 

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2017, 06:50:37 PM »
Looking forward to it, Bob!  :beer:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline krv3000

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2017, 06:26:19 PM »
well did a bit more to the mill today the handle for moving the quill was missing so had to make one had a rut in me old socket draw and fawned a 13mm socket to do the job had to cut this dawn to 8mm ha not a hope in hell normally the cheep sockets are made of toffee not this one had to mashen it to length once that bit was dun had to make a boss for it to fit in to dug out a lump of steel and turned it  dawn to 30mm OD then bored it out to 18mm so that the socket wood be a push fit then put a 10 degree angel on the outer edge so when the handles go on they come out at a angel marked off the center  then parted it off set it up in the mill and drilled the two holes for the handles drilled 5mm tap m6 made two handles out of 9mm bare turned dawn both ends to 6mm then threaded them m6 I estimated the  length  of the handles to be 120mm cut them to this length then taped the ends m8 for the balls to go on priest in the socket  in to the boss put the handles in then silver soldered them in place then cleaned it up and gave it a cote of pant right pics           

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2017, 07:11:19 PM »
Looking good so far Bob , well done 👍

Good idea offsetting the bar away from the hub to give you more clearance in use.

Ian