Author Topic: Dismantle a simple switch  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Spurry

• Norfolk, UK
Dismantle a simple switch
« on: June 21, 2016, 05:57:32 PM »
Ok, I admit to being muppet of the week,   :scratch: but cannot get this switch apart...
Pic 1 front view
pic 2 back section removed (screwdriver lever in orange clips)
pic 3 white clip removed (which I thought was the secret)
pic 4 story so far, the centre black circular section is part of the assembly from the front panel, but something is holding it inside the squarish section.
pic 5 whole assembly from t'internet pc screen.
The markings indicate it is a KNDELE LA167-D8-11x2 415v 10A
Anyone any ideas please?
Thanks
Pete

Offline micktoon

Re: Dismantle a simple switch
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 06:18:47 PM »
Hi Pete, I am not sure but photo from the rear of the panel with the contactor block removed, seems to show another tab type clip set up maybe ?, the type where a small terminal driver will fit in the small square hole and pry away from the center of the switch and remeove a 'circlip' type component that will be clicked into a grove in the switch body that is just flush with the rear inner surface of the panel. Failing that maybe the front screws off and the switch pushes back through the panel ?
  Sorry I can not help more but I will see if I have any similar switches in my box of random stuff tomorrow and  will post again if no one else has answered the problem.
  Cheers Mick

Offline mexican jon

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 08:18:03 PM »
The white part removed is the retainer  :scratch: On some makes you need to turn the block anti-clockwise to allow it to be removed from the actual button others just need a little brute force to get them to unsnap from the button  :thumbup: once the block is removed you can then unscrew the retaining ring for the button and hay presto  :clap:
People say you only live once ! I say thank F@*K can't afford to do it twice.

Offline seadog

• NE London
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 12:25:00 AM »
I agree with Mick. The white retainer holds the switch block into the body, the black one the body to the button.

Offline Spurry

• Norfolk, UK
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 05:26:19 AM »
Thanks to all for the suggestions.
This morning, I attacked the problem with renewed vigour, assisted with the hints above...but I still could not get it apart.
The white clip was put back into place, and pressed inwards this released the body from the cylinder and in a flash it was apart.
So the white clip was the secret...but not in the way I originally thought.  :hammer:
Thanks all
Pete