Author Topic: Warco GH1236 Lathe  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Pakrattuk

Warco GH1236 Lathe
« on: June 23, 2016, 06:18:48 AM »
Hello, haven't posted for a while but was wondering if anyone could help with deciphering the threading label on my lathe. Understand most of the table, just don't get the numbers under the "T" heading. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
TIA
Kerr

Offline Pete.

Re: Warco GH1236 Lathe
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 07:48:02 AM »
I believe it's telling you which tooth wheel to put on the threading dial for a particular pitch thread, and which numbers on the dial you can use.

Offline Pakrattuk

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 12:48:19 PM »
Hi Pete, thanks for the reply. It could be that only I don't get the 0 bit if thats the case. I get the pitch column and the indicator column, just not the T column. I'll maybe give Warco a call see if they can shed any light on it. There is another plate with the gears and tooth numbers for imperial threads (the lathe has a metric lead screw so doesn't require any gear changes apart from gearbox lever changes for metric threads - as far as I know anyway). Don't think any gears with those number of teeth came with the lathe either although I think you may be onto something as the thread indicator itself has 3 different gears on it but that doesn't explain the 0 column either unless that means it can be in any position.
Thanks again for the interest and reply

Offline chipenter

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 02:01:23 PM »
T stands for thread .
Jeff

Offline Pete.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 02:16:41 PM »
For the pitches with 0, you don't need the dial, just engage the lever anywhere.

Offline Pakrattuk

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 03:22:01 PM »
Right thanks, think that makes sense now-would have been nice if the manual (I use the term loosely) gave some indication what it meant.
Thanks again