Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 437550 times)

Offline riorao

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #600 on: May 29, 2017, 09:34:04 AM »
Unfortunately I do not speak any Russian. But since you do so, if you translate the English text that I can send you via email to Russian, I will make Russian a language option with the next firmware release and also add it to the configurator as a language option.
I will add a German file too. If someone would also translate the text into French or Italian or any other language, I will surely also include these languages. There is a bit of code to add and a lot of patching to do. But I guess I can make it work for you ;)

ok. Give me text file.

Offline aolney

« Reply #601 on: May 30, 2017, 06:03:37 PM »
I finally have my Grizzly G1004 small knee mill moving. My goal was to replace the screwing around with Mach3 and a computer with the DDCSV1.1 and end up with a more reliable and simpler machine. To that end I built a little box that contains the controller and my Geckodrive G320 servo drives with a few switches. It seems to work well and the MPG moves the machine well.
The only glitch is the failure of the G20 mode; no inch display and the G20 has a bug.
I think it will be useable because the Fusion 360 cam can spit out metric G21 code whether the design is in inch or mm.

Andy

Offline PPRINT

« Reply #602 on: May 31, 2017, 07:13:08 AM »
WoW...that turned out nice and clean.  Is what I would think a factory install would look like.

Great job.

Rob
The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.

Offline riorao

« Reply #603 on: June 05, 2017, 04:06:45 AM »
Hey Benedikt M.
You wanted to send me a file for translation, something did not work out?
On private messages you do not answer.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #604 on: June 05, 2017, 05:29:20 AM »
Hey Benedikt M.
You wanted to send me a file for translation, something did not work out?
On private messages you do not answer.
Hey,
You have not received my email??
That's strange. I have sent you two.
Maybe the email was wrong?

BR,
Benedikt

Offline aolney

« Reply #605 on: June 05, 2017, 12:04:14 PM »
Rob -

Thanks, I was trying for a clean look.

I thought I would post a few photos and notes from the build.

Control box is mounted on a photo tripod head. It is made from painted alum sheet with 3/4 leg alum angle and epoxy to hold it together.

The wiring is a little tight but do able.

I put the USB cable socket too close the the DDCSV, watch out of clearance on the right angle usb connector.

The Geckodrives are mounted on a 3/16 plate with heat transfer paste and are not getting hot so far.

I had this machine running on Mach3 but was constantly having trouble with wiring ( my fault) noise etc. The thing was just not reliable, and this should be better I am hoping.

Andy

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #606 on: June 13, 2017, 04:43:38 AM »
Thanks to riorao, the online Pandora/DDVSV1.1 Configuration Generator is now also available in Russian  :beer:
http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/?lang=rus

It's not completely done yet, but most of the text is already translated.

If anyone would like to translate it to their language, please translate the file below into the desired language and mail it to me (contact-me@bmuessig.eu).

http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/lang/eng.txt

EDIT:
I have now also completely reworked the design of the configurator and made it look a lot more modern. I hope you'll all like it ;)
I have attached screenshots of the new design, but it looks best in person ;)
http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/

EDIT 2:
There is now also support for Chinese:
http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/?lang=chs

Best regards,
Benedikt
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:27:08 PM by Benedikt M. »

Offline chriscnc

« Reply #607 on: June 14, 2017, 04:02:28 PM »
Does the configurator work with the stock software or only the update?

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #608 on: June 14, 2017, 05:09:19 PM »
Does the configurator work with the stock software or only the update?
It should also work with the stock software, but there should be no reason to not upgrade ;)
If it will work with our software rewrite is not yet sure. It most likely will do so.

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #609 on: June 15, 2017, 07:23:49 AM »
Thanks to riorao, the online Pandora/DDVSV1.1 Configuration Generator is now also available in Russian  :beer:
Translated menu items into Russian are not complete enough and not quite right.
I could correct them some points in accordance with the accepted terminology. Send me the original English and Russian translation.
 I think it will be useful to compare 2 translations
Maybe in the future I or someone else will supplement some items of the configurator menu with icons showing the associated function
Sorry for my english, this is Google translator

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #610 on: June 15, 2017, 08:03:56 AM »
Translated menu items into Russian are not complete enough and not quite right.
I could correct them some points in accordance with the accepted terminology. Send me the original English and Russian translation.
 I think it will be useful to compare 2 translations
Maybe in the future I or someone else will supplement some items of the configurator menu with icons showing the associated function
I have attached riorao's latest version of the translation and the english translation. I have also seen that some translation work is done in cnc.userforum.ru, so you may want to check if they proposed some changes too.

Icons would be nice. If you happen to find ones with a Public domain or simple Attributive license, we could use them.

This is my current todo list for the website:
- Get argument type checking working
- Add translateable user interface
- Detect empty files and ask for translations for the error message
- Add "back to defaults" button
- Change numbers to 3 decimal places
- Keep language choice on backend and especially on continued editing
- Check for NAN in number fields
- Print a leading 0 for decimal numbers between 1 and -1
- Add setting groups
- Maybe add search for parameter number (maybe by having anchors)

Benedikt

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #611 on: June 15, 2017, 11:17:30 AM »
Something like this.  It would be nice if someone checked the spelling and correctness of the translation.
I tried to translate by max. Icons are suitable in * png format?. Maybe there will be time, not all at once, but gradually I will try to make them.

Как то так. Постарался перевести по максимуму. 
Было бы неплохо если кто то проверит орфографию и правильность перевода.
Иконки подойдут в формате *png?. Может будет время, не все сразу, но постепенно буду стараться их сделать.

By the way, while translating saw it.#495 -t1 -s1"Interpolation period" -s2"s" -m16 -min=0.002 -max=0.010
 Does this apply to the code G93 I mentioned earlier?

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #612 on: June 21, 2017, 10:59:27 AM »
How do you concept? Arrogantly tore the layout from the HAAS rack.

Offline riorao

« Reply #613 on: June 21, 2017, 12:23:08 PM »
How do you concept? Arrogantly tore the layout from the HAAS rack.
So many buttons on the controller can not be connected.

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #614 on: June 21, 2017, 01:05:38 PM »

So many buttons on the controller can not be connected.
[/quote]
They duplicate the controller keyboard, maybe there's nothing to it, but it's more convenient for me.
On extra you can always connect something else.

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #615 on: June 22, 2017, 04:18:50 AM »
End view.

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #616 on: June 24, 2017, 06:18:12 AM »
And in the metal

Offline PPRINT

« Reply #617 on: June 24, 2017, 02:27:17 PM »
I like it.  Is that going to be mounted into a cabinet?

You mentioned some of the new keys duplicating some of the buttons on the control.  Please share details on how that it done.

Rob
The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #618 on: June 24, 2017, 05:30:21 PM »
Yes, it will be connected to the my CNC machine
Buttons duplicate the keys of the controller to make it easier to work with gloves. On the free you can connect functions such as forced on / off cooling, dust extraction, vacuum, etc.
New functions do not apply to the controller, the panel simply provides buttons for control.

Offline chriscnc

« Reply #619 on: June 30, 2017, 11:49:25 PM »
So i just ordered a 2nd one and it has new firmware on it noted as 2017-03-04-87NOR

thoughts?

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #620 on: July 01, 2017, 06:07:19 AM »
So i just ordered a 2nd one and it has new firmware on it noted as 2017-03-04-87NOR

thoughts?
Yes, I know of the latest version.
Currently, I am working on a new update that includes that very version as a base.
This may take a bit more to complete though.

Have fun,
Benedikt

Offline blades

« Reply #621 on: July 01, 2017, 01:19:11 PM »
Greetings from Indiana! I am a long-time lurker of this thread in particular, it has been so helpful! Thank you all (Benedikt in particular) for your great work on this controller!  :bow:
With that said, I do have a few questions I hope someone can help with, I am using this controller with a custom built X-Carve.

1) chriscnc mentioned something about a new factory firmware version, 2017-03-04-87NOR  Does anyone have a link to where I could download this from?

2) I've got my unit configured to use inches instead of mm, but this poses a problem: my Z-axis requires 24000 steps-per-inch because I'm using a Gecko G540, which by default has 10x microstepping. My machine jogs in manual mode fine, but when running under a program, I have inconsistent depth issues with the Z axis, due to this setting being far higher than the max of 10000. I thought I could fix this issue by changing to mm, but while that fixes the Z axis issue, it creates the same issue on the X & Y axis, as they're belt driven, and the steps-per-mm comes out to 33.33, which is way lower than the minimum of 100. The controller literally won't let you input anything less than 50. Any suggestions here? If I can't disable microstepping on 1 axis of the G540, I may have to get a different stepper controller for Z.

Thanks for any input!
Bill

- No best but better

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #622 on: July 01, 2017, 03:45:17 PM »
Greetings from Indiana! I am a long-time lurker of this thread in particular, it has been so helpful! Thank you all (Benedikt in particular) for your great work on this controller!  :bow:
With that said, I do have a few questions I hope someone can help with, I am using this controller with a custom built X-Carve.

1) chriscnc mentioned something about a new factory firmware version, 2017-03-04-87NOR  Does anyone have a link to where I could download this from?

2) I've got my unit configured to use inches instead of mm, but this poses a problem: my Z-axis requires 24000 steps-per-inch because I'm using a Gecko G540, which by default has 10x microstepping. My machine jogs in manual mode fine, but when running under a program, I have inconsistent depth issues with the Z axis, due to this setting being far higher than the max of 10000. I thought I could fix this issue by changing to mm, but while that fixes the Z axis issue, it creates the same issue on the X & Y axis, as they're belt driven, and the steps-per-mm comes out to 33.33, which is way lower than the minimum of 100. The controller literally won't let you input anything less than 50. Any suggestions here? If I can't disable microstepping on 1 axis of the G540, I may have to get a different stepper controller for Z.

Thanks for any input!
Hello, blades!

Glad you liked the progress so far.
For 1), you can download it from my site http://pandora-cnc.eu/en/download
However, I advise getting the modified version when it's out. You can always give the new factory version a try though, before the new mod comes out ;)

For 2), maybe you can use the config generator on http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/ to enter your configuration. After you have downloaded the file, use Notepad++ or vi/etc. on Mac / Linux to edit the setting manually, before importing it.

I hope this helps,

Benedikt

Offline blades

« Reply #623 on: July 01, 2017, 05:13:57 PM »
Thank you Benedikt, I most certainly will be giving your modified version a try! Can't wait to see it! I will also try your suggestion regarding my configuration. Hopefully that will help.  :doh:
Bill

- No best but better

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #624 on: July 01, 2017, 07:01:28 PM »
Thank you Benedikt, I most certainly will be giving your modified version a try! Can't wait to see it! I will also try your suggestion regarding my configuration. Hopefully that will help.  :doh:
So for the configuration trick, you may want to simply leave the default value for the steps/mm (note that even if you use inches later, you will have to enter this in steps/mm).
Now, before submitting the form, write down the numbers associated with the values you want to set to a unrecommended value.
Then use a text editor that supports Unix line endings (on Windows, please use Notepad++ not the default Notepad that ships with Windows) and adjust the values associated with the numbers you wrote down earlier.
Now, save the file to an USB stick and call it userVar.set and safely remove the USB.
Finally, insert the USB stick into the controller and go to the file manager. There, locate the file, highlight it and press Enter.

Best regards,
Benedikt