Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 437509 times)

Offline maxx2000

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #900 on: March 06, 2018, 12:55:29 PM »
I did not notice such problems
Sorry for my english, this is Google translator

Offline ryan8

« Reply #901 on: March 31, 2018, 07:21:37 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas as to what may cause an axis to become unresponsive while jogging it, using either the buttons or MPG? I've tried updating to Pandora with the same results.

Sporadically but very frequently, as I jog an axis, it would stop responding to inputs. Interestingly, other axes will still work, until they, too, suddenly become unresponsive. The issue is with the controller and not my drivers, as the DRO stops updating too. Interestingly, pressing reset (and or cutting power and restarting) will have it work again.

I'm wondering if it's some sort of interference or transient issue, although that shouldn't be possible given the optoisolated outputs and inputs.

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #902 on: April 09, 2018, 07:44:17 AM »
Does anyone have any ideas as to what may cause an axis to become unresponsive while jogging it, using either the buttons or MPG? I've tried updating to Pandora with the same results.

Sporadically but very frequently, as I jog an axis, it would stop responding to inputs. Interestingly, other axes will still work, until they, too, suddenly become unresponsive. The issue is with the controller and not my drivers, as the DRO stops updating too. Interestingly, pressing reset (and or cutting power and restarting) will have it work again.

I'm wondering if it's some sort of interference or transient issue, although that shouldn't be possible given the optoisolated outputs and inputs.
Ryan,
I've never seen that problem,  and I've certainly driven my axies around manually a bunch.
Rod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline johnsattuk

« Reply #903 on: April 14, 2018, 03:04:23 PM »

Optoisolaters give galvanic isolation and some degree of filtering, ( depending on their speed ), but they will pass a transient through if it has similar properties to a bona fide signal

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
« Reply #904 on: April 15, 2018, 05:58:57 AM »

I am starting to suffer this but only on the z axis. It will jog down but not up. Power off and wait resets it.

I am running the [Install_2018-01-21_91] new 2.1 version.

I may well go back to the stable 2017 version for 1.1
Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

Offline blades

« Reply #905 on: April 16, 2018, 08:17:52 PM »
... I've tried updating to Pandora with the same results.

So you're saying it started doing this when you were still using the OEM firmware?
Bill

- No best but better

Offline ryan8

« Reply #906 on: April 22, 2018, 07:33:21 PM »

So you're saying it started doing this when you were still using the OEM firmware?

Yes; I was hoping it was a firmware issue that would go away if I updated.

Optoisolaters give galvanic isolation and some degree of filtering, ( depending on their speed ), but they will pass a transient through if it has similar properties to a bona fide signal

Ah, that makes sense. A guy on the tech support forums suggests that it could be phantom limit switches being triggered. Though I don't have limits enabled, it does fit with the "other axis will still work" weirdness.

I am starting to suffer this but only on the z axis. It will jog down but not up. Power off and wait resets it.

When it freezes, do your other axis still work?

Offline Will_D

« Reply #907 on: April 23, 2018, 05:23:03 AM »

When it freezes, do your other axis still work?
Yes X and Y are unaffected

Offline Will_D

« Reply #908 on: April 23, 2018, 05:27:44 AM »
I suspect its connected with probing!

When Z+ stops working, if I do a probe Z+ it starts to probe DOWN at a stupidly slow rate! Its as if it thinks it has found the limit switch at Z+ and is now very very slowly coming off the micro-switch in the Z- direction ( as it should do fairly quickly) to the probe offset position (5mm in my case)

HTH Will

BTW the DoseDone forum has gone a bit quiet recently!!:

http://www.ddcnc.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=41

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #909 on: April 23, 2018, 07:44:52 AM »
I suspect its connected with probing!

When Z+ stops working, if I do a probe Z+ it starts to probe DOWN at a stupidly slow rate! Its as if it thinks it has found the limit switch at Z+ and is now very very slowly coming off the micro-switch in the Z- direction ( as it should do fairly quickly) to the probe offset position (5mm in my case)

HTH Will

BTW the DoseDone forum has gone a bit quiet recently!!:

http://www.ddcnc.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=41
I have noticed an axis stopping semi-mysteriously, but it's always been a triggered limit switch.

Offline ryan8

« Reply #910 on: April 23, 2018, 12:20:51 PM »
I did have probing enabled with no probes connected. Disabled it in config - hope this fixes it and thanks for the suggestions!

Offline blades

« Reply #911 on: April 30, 2018, 11:08:24 AM »
Hoping someone can help me out identifying this component. While making a new enclosure for my controller, I managed to fry it by attempting to share the same power supply with my G540.  :Doh:
It was a 48v power supply that I backed down to 32v (as low as it would go), but it must have gotten a spike and it literally blew this component. I've got it unsoldered from the board, and want to see if I can replace it. I can't read it clearly enough on the pics I've found. Any help with a better pic or actual part identification would be greatly appreciated! I'm guessing it's some sort of voltage regulator...

Bill

- No best but better

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #912 on: April 30, 2018, 11:48:30 AM »
XL2596S-5.0E1
Sorry for my english, this is Google translator

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #913 on: April 30, 2018, 12:14:00 PM »
Highly probable, as XL2596S-5.0E1 is a DC to DC converter so presumably was in the direct firing line from your higher voltage power supply.
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline blades

« Reply #914 on: April 30, 2018, 09:43:05 PM »
Many thanks guys!!
Bill

- No best but better

Offline blades

« Reply #915 on: May 23, 2018, 02:10:39 PM »
It took awhile, but I finally got my parts from China. It lives!!  :ddb:
Bill

- No best but better

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #916 on: May 24, 2018, 11:18:16 AM »
 :update:

Good evening,

I just wanted to post this small update since it might affect some of you too (especially those who are running a small company and have a public website).
EU GDPR laws are going into effect as of tomorrow. I made sure to change http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/ to hopefully comply with these rules (and I am thinking about taking down the rest of the site for either an undefined amount of time or until I can confirm that it passes these new laws). It's not commercial, but I since I can't tell if it does still apply, I have made sure to change it anyways. You may have to change your website too to avoid legal trouble and hefty fines.
I have removed any local storage functionality, removed the optional analytics that helped me improve the website from time to time and removed features like continuing editing or previewing the generated file. Configuration files can still be uploaded and edited online, but after submitting in some browsers, editing cannot be continued and the result can only be downloaded and previewed with a text editor. Sorry for all that!
I may, if there is demand, change the internal data flow to re-gain some of this functionality and to also provide you with a fully translated website.
Please don't hesitate to ask for more/missing functionality or for me to bring back anything that was lost in the latest update.
As many people, I have not much of a clue what these laws exactly require me to do and I am rather safe than sorry. I don't usually work much on websites, so this is not my area of expertise.

Best regards,
Benedikt
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 12:24:44 PM by Benedikt »

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #917 on: June 03, 2018, 10:44:59 PM »
I'm trying to repeat a configuration editing job I did quite a while ago; I copied out the eng file and changed the limit on steps/mm.  When I copy this file out now, I get an empty file!  Any ideas?

I really need a way to allow low feed rates; right now the software won't allow anything slower than 300 mm/second WITHOUT using the FRO adjustment to slow it down further.  I think I could edit the limiting range like I did on the step/mm.   IF I could get the dratted file out!

These are the limiters I want to modify (per the Pandora site):
76    Default operating speed    10.0000 .. 99999.0000 mm/min    
99    Operating acceleration    9.0000 .. 9999.0000 mm/s2    
80    G0 speed    99.0000 .. 99999.0000 mm/min    
77    Maximum speed    99.0000 .. 99999.0000 mm/min

If I could get a copy of the eng file that would solve my problem too...

Offline Will_D

« Reply #918 on: June 04, 2018, 05:22:07 AM »
Which version do you want?

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #919 on: June 04, 2018, 08:40:57 AM »
I have 1.1 Plus, according to the home screen.

Offline Will_D

« Reply #920 on: June 08, 2018, 04:39:37 AM »
Here's the eng file from 4th March 2017 (Version 87) Its the recomended version for 1.1

I had to put a .txt extension on it in order to attach it. Rename it with no extension!

Hope this helps

Will

Offline hdo27

« Reply #921 on: July 09, 2018, 03:16:18 AM »
I just noticed you can download the latest official firmware from here:

https://www.nvcnc.net/ddcsv2.1.html

The firmware is dated 2018-06-05.

However on my newly arrived machine it shows 2018-04-11 !?

hdo

Offline 71taa

« Reply #922 on: July 11, 2018, 12:49:11 PM »
The firmware is dated 2018-06-05.
Next build (95) is already available via support forum: http://bbs.ddcnc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=43&extra=page%3D1

Offline Pete.

« Reply #923 on: July 11, 2018, 02:48:25 PM »
Are these units still being made and sold or are they now legacy items? If there's new firmware, how about updated hardware?

Offline lfriii

« Reply #924 on: July 12, 2018, 12:43:14 PM »
Greetings from Indiana! I am a long-time lurker of this thread in particular, it has been so helpful! Thank you all (Benedikt in particular) for your great work on this controller!  :bow:
With that said, I do have a few questions I hope someone can help with, I am using this controller with a custom built X-Carve.

1) chriscnc mentioned something about a new factory firmware version, 2017-03-04-87NOR  Does anyone have a link to where I could download this from?

2) I've got my unit configured to use inches instead of mm, but this poses a problem: my Z-axis requires 24000 steps-per-inch because I'm using a Gecko G540, which by default has 10x microstepping. My machine jogs in manual mode fine, but when running under a program, I have inconsistent depth issues with the Z axis, due to this setting being far higher than the max of 10000. I thought I could fix this issue by changing to mm, but while that fixes the Z axis issue, it creates the same issue on the X & Y axis, as they're belt driven, and the steps-per-mm comes out to 33.33, which is way lower than the minimum of 100. The controller literally won't let you input anything less than 50. Any suggestions here? If I can't disable microstepping on 1 axis of the G540, I may have to get a different stepper controller for Z.

Thanks for any input!
Hello, blades!

Glad you liked the progress so far.
For 1), you can download it from my site http://pandora-cnc.eu/en/download
However, I advise getting the modified version when it's out. You can always give the new factory version a try though, before the new mod comes out ;)

For 2), maybe you can use the config generator on http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/ to enter your configuration. After you have downloaded the file, use Notepad++ or vi/etc. on Mac / Linux to edit the setting manually, before importing it.

I hope this helps,

Benedikt

Benedikt:

I have a similar issue as blades in that I want to set a parameter outside the limits of the controller.  In your post above, you instruct blades to use the configurator and then edit the values using Notepad++ on Mac / Linux before importing.  Can this be done on a windows machine?  Can the file that is currently on the controller be opened and edited directly?