Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 438676 times)

Offline hdo27

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #925 on: July 16, 2018, 02:38:00 AM »
The firmware is dated 2018-06-05.
Next build (95) is already available via support forum: http://bbs.ddcnc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=43&extra=page%3D1

That's great. Thank you.

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #926 on: July 16, 2018, 10:09:05 PM »
Ifrii,
There is a file that controls the range of values for the machine parameters: eng.  I have downloaded this from the machine, edited it, and put it back.  This process allowed me to get my steps/mm right.  Unfortunately, my issue with low feeds is something else.
Rod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline lfriii

« Reply #927 on: July 17, 2018, 09:50:16 AM »
WeldingRod:

I was able to copy the eng. file to a jump drive and edit it using notepad.  Copying the file back to the control was a little confusing because, the date shown on the File Page of the control did not change.  The time, however did change but only by a few seconds.  So it was not clear that the paste worked.  But it did work and the control limit has been changed.

Thanks for your help.

Offline lfriii

« Reply #928 on: July 17, 2018, 09:58:12 AM »
WeldingRod:

One other question; copied the update files from Benedikt's website to the jump drive that came with the control.  I have since decided not to upgrade the firmware on the control and would like to remove the files to another location and return the jump drive to its original configuration.  There are two folders on the drive, install and upgrade and two files, splash.ppm and upgrade.do on the drive that I did not save to it.  Do you know if these four items were on the drive when it arrived?  Or were these four items downloaded from Benedikt's site?

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #929 on: July 18, 2018, 06:14:41 PM »
I don't know, sorry.

Offline lfriii

« Reply #930 on: July 20, 2018, 02:07:56 PM »
maxx2000:

I am building a control now and would like to add some buttons to the front panel.  I can understand how you wire buttons to existing input terminals on the control, but you said that your panel buttons duplicate the buttons on the control display.  How do you wire these buttons?

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #931 on: July 21, 2018, 01:31:33 AM »
lfriii
Sorry for my english, this is Google translator

Offline lfriii

« Reply #932 on: July 21, 2018, 07:30:22 AM »
maxx2000:

I don't get it.  How does the picture explain how to wire control panel buttons?

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #933 on: July 21, 2018, 07:49:43 AM »
Presumably they are selected on a normal encoding matrix, where  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,A,B are the columns and other 1,2,3,4,5 the rows

Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline lfriii

« Reply #934 on: July 21, 2018, 08:36:52 AM »
Heiii, welcome back!!
they did indeed!!
Look

This is another company that use the same controller, and is changed

I see that the Omio control has a button labelled All Zero can anyone explain how this would be wired into the DDCSV to zero all of the axes?

Offline lfriii

« Reply #935 on: July 21, 2018, 08:45:51 AM »
awemawson:

I am not familiar with a normal encoding matrix.  I am familiar with wiring buttons in panels.  I am tying to understand if it is possible to duplicate the membrane switch buttons on the DDCSV control with buttons on a larger panel as maxx2000 has suggested.  To do this, each of the buttons on the larger panel would have to connect to a contact on the DDCSV or a breakout board.  I do not see any such contacts.  Could you explain how maxx2000 made this work?

Thanks,

Offline russ57

« Reply #936 on: July 21, 2018, 09:09:59 AM »
Imagine a grid of 3 vertical wires (a, b, c in the diagram) and 7 horizontal wires. (1-7)

There is a switch at each intersection which connects that row and column when pressed.

You would need to locate in the ddcsv those 10 connections and extend them to your own panel.

The switches are therefore in parallel.

(with this type of encoding you can only press one key at a time, otherwise the system will detect 'ghost' keypresses)

Russ

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #937 on: July 21, 2018, 11:36:30 AM »
awemawson:
 Could you explain how maxx2000 made this work?
Solder the button wires in parallel with existing ones

Offline picclock

« Reply #938 on: July 26, 2018, 04:05:58 AM »
@maxx2000

Thanks for the information. Very useful for a more user friendly keyboard.

Unit has 17 keys so likely 4 keys unmapped or unknown functions.

Set all zero button would be very useful. Can see no way of doing it from the rear panel connections. Maybe using TXD/RXD serial connections ? and injecting a code.

No real info about those pins, likely RS232, but baud rate, parity etc no info. According to manual - Used for digital display of the MPG communication.

May try to hook it up to a terminal and see what develops.

OK tried that and cannot get any output from Txd even on power up (no blinking leds on rs232 adapter). Wonder if it needs to be enabled in config ?

Best Regards

picclock
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 05:07:15 AM by picclock »
Engaged in the art of turning large pieces of useful material into ever smaller pieces of (s)crap. (Ferndown, Dorset)

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #939 on: August 02, 2018, 06:32:58 PM »
Benedikt:

I have a similar issue as blades in that I want to set a parameter outside the limits of the controller.  In your post above, you instruct blades to use the configurator and then edit the values using Notepad++ on Mac / Linux before importing.  Can this be done on a windows machine?  Can the file that is currently on the controller be opened and edited directly?
This is unfortunately not yet possible. I may have a look at converting the binary settings file from the controller to a human readable version at some point.

@maxx2000

Thanks for the information. Very useful for a more user friendly keyboard.

Set all zero button would be very useful. Can see no way of doing it from the rear panel connections. Maybe using TXD/RXD serial connections ? and injecting a code.

No real info about those pins, likely RS232, but baud rate, parity etc no info. According to manual - Used for digital display of the MPG communication.

May try to hook it up to a terminal and see what develops.

OK tried that and cannot get any output from Txd even on power up (no blinking leds on rs232 adapter). Wonder if it needs to be enabled in config ?

Best Regards

picclock

It would be pretty easy to build a Teensy based USB connected external button interface. I may figure something out when I get back home that does not require much soldering  :zap:
Maxx2000 kindly re-posted my drawing of the keypad matrix I traced out a while back. It's quite straight-forward, really. Each same number / letter is internally interconnected. When a button is pressed, one letter and one number will form a connection.
The little LED matrix driver on the front panel is only handling the matrix scanning (and has no LEDs connected). A, B and C refer to one direction of the matrix while 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 refer to another one.
One direction of the matrix sources the current flowing while the other one sinks it. It should be possible to extend the buttons to the outside by just putting the external button in parallel to the existing button and wiring it to the outside.
Internally, the LED/button matrix driver just connects via the flat-flex cable to a few spare general purpose I/O pins on the CPU on the mainboard.
It's a very simple connection with only a couple of wires (two or three wires - I can't recall the exact number right now, but I have it all written down somewhere).

Cheers,
Benedikt
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 06:58:31 PM by Benedikt »

Offline kwood94xj

« Reply #940 on: August 16, 2018, 02:52:33 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has been able to convert a 3 axis model to a 4 axis one? I did not see anything unpopulated areas on the board that I can recall.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #941 on: August 17, 2018, 06:57:33 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has been able to convert a 3 axis model to a 4 axis one? I did not see anything unpopulated areas on the board that I can recall.
Yes, I researched this earlier and it can be done. However, I will not give any instruction or further details on this as this would hurt the sales of the companies involved which had so far been nice to us.
But for completeness, the license check is solely implemented in software and the hardware is exactly the same on both machines.

I thought a bit more about this now. There would be the option of running a new service on the controller that listens on that serial port (and disables it for MPG communication) and injects keypresses.
Technically, this could be done by hooking into the motiondev driver and writing to the external (in FPGA) USART registers. The injected keys could be delivered to the CNC application via uinput. Hooking into the startup process and creating a deamon should be trivial by just creating a startup.do file in /mnt/nand1-1
Writing to the FPGA's registers is made easy by my mutil utility that can be downloaded from here: http://dl.pandora-cnc.eu/utils/mutil/mutil_v05_arm.elf
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 07:21:50 AM by Benedikt »

Offline kwood94xj

« Reply #942 on: August 17, 2018, 10:16:56 AM »
Yes, I researched this earlier and it can be done. However, I will not give any instruction or further details on this as this would hurt the sales of the companies involved which had so far been nice to us.
But for completeness, the license check is solely implemented in software and the hardware is exactly the same on both machines.

Thank you Benedikt. I completely understand. They have been very good to us!

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #943 on: August 17, 2018, 11:06:31 AM »
WeldingRod:

One other question; copied the update files from Benedikt's website to the jump drive that came with the control.  I have since decided not to upgrade the firmware on the control and would like to remove the files to another location and return the jump drive to its original configuration.  There are two folders on the drive, install and upgrade and two files, splash.ppm and upgrade.do on the drive that I did not save to it.  Do you know if these four items were on the drive when it arrived?  Or were these four items downloaded from Benedikt's site?
You can safely delete splash.ppm, upgrade.do, install(.done) and upgrade. These have been added by the installer / extracted from the archive.

I have a similar issue as blades in that I want to set a parameter outside the limits of the controller.  In your post above, you instruct blades to use the configurator and then edit the values using Notepad++ on Mac / Linux before importing.  Can this be done on a windows machine?
Yes, Notepad++ is only available on Windows, so you can use Windows to edit the min/max values. On Linux/Mac you would use another programmer's editor of your choice (make sure to keep the line endings intact!).

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #944 on: August 26, 2018, 01:29:38 PM »
 :update:

I have got great news!
This weekend I found some time and ported Pandora to the latest version of the original firmware (released in July 2018).
I have also translated all the new strings, added more utilities to the bin folder, patched the usual places of the binary and updated the scripts.
The online configuration generator at http://config.pandora-cnc.eu/ has also received a few bug fixes, updated language files and I have dealt with the new privacy requirements.

The latest Pandora version released today can be downloaded from here: http://dl.pandora-cnc.eu/firmware/bleeding/Pandora-20180818.zip

While I was at it, I have also released a new version of the Pandora/DDCSV1.1/RMHV2.1 easy firmware installer. This version includes the latest Pandora and factory firmware.
It can be downloaded from here: http://dl.pandora-cnc.eu/utils/installer/PandoraInstaller_20180826_v16.exe

Cheers!  :beer:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:19:22 AM by Benedikt »

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #945 on: September 02, 2018, 10:29:53 AM »
Ver:2018-09-02-99 Description:
 1. Increase the status monitoring of the u disk. If the u disk is disconnected during processing, the system will automatically pause.
 2. Increase the G90.1/G91.1 instruction support, at this time IJK is the absolute position coordinate of the center of the circle

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
« Reply #946 on: September 02, 2018, 01:49:49 PM »
Things are moving quickly in the DSCSV world. A lot is happening/discuseed on the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1724999967517167/

Certainly mor eactivity than on the Dosedone forum

Will
Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #947 on: September 03, 2018, 01:23:59 PM »
Argh!  I REALLY don't want to get sucked into facebook...  but I also really want to know what's happening!
Ah, well.  Nothing to it but.... ask my wife to open it!

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #948 on: September 03, 2018, 01:37:33 PM »
Argh!  I REALLY don't want to get sucked into facebook...  but I also really want to know what's happening!
Ah, well.  Nothing to it but.... ask my wife to open it!

It's the same for me. I don't like Facebook's data sharing nature.
While I did sign-up for all the other DDCSV forums, I won't for Facebook.

Generally, I do not have much time to spend working on this project anymore, which I am sorry about.
There has been one year between the most recent and the update prior to that and I just happened to catch up now.
I have now open-sourced many more parts of the project and put them up on GitHub at https://github.com/Pandora-CNC/ for everyone to enjoy.
Maybe someone can pick up where we left off. There are certain parts I cannot publish but if someone really wants to continue, shoot me an email (mail@pandora-cnc.eu) or send me a PM and we can arrange things that way.
The website will stay open for as long as it makes sense. Donations for running the servers are appreciated (hosting bill is about 5€/mo) and I will continue updating the configuration generator if anything breaks or someone sends me a new and updated eng/chs/rus language file. Same goes for hosting factory firmware images. Just email them to me and I will host them there.
I suppose this is the most honest way to deal with the situation and still keep everyone happy.
I also won't be waiving goodbye, but realistically mark the end of any regular updates. I will still happily answer any questions or recover broken units - just send me an email!

Cheers  :beer:

Offline blades

« Reply #949 on: September 04, 2018, 03:47:57 PM »
I'm not a big fan of FB either, I only have like 35 friends on there, and I like it that way. The DDCSV group has been quite helpful, and Yt Liu is on there. I don't know if he developed the entire controller, or just the firmware, but he is known to be "the developer" of it. He has been very helpful and quick to respond to questions. At my request, he created an expanded probe function to include X & Y probing in addition to Z.
Bill

- No best but better