Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 437538 times)

Offline WeldingRod

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #950 on: September 05, 2018, 01:51:43 PM »
I'd love to have a way to contact him directly!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline Avis

« Reply #951 on: November 17, 2018, 03:13:43 PM »
Hello, I have the driver DDCSV1.1 4-axis version. If I update with pandorainstaller to the latest version of the manufacturer, do I keep all the axes?
Thank you

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #952 on: November 17, 2018, 03:58:25 PM »
Hello, I have the driver DDCSV1.1 4-axis version. If I update with pandorainstaller to the latest version of the manufacturer, do I keep all the axes?
Thank you
Yes, since both hardware and software are the same for both devices. They are locked down in software, basically. The setting is preserved.

Offline Avis

« Reply #953 on: November 18, 2018, 09:31:44 AM »
Today I did the update with pandorainstaller, "excellent work", but I still have the problem of blocking in complex programs (I have to restart the panel again), with simple works works perfectly. I've seen on You Tube a user with the same problem, today I put a fan on the back of the panel (remove the back cover) and it seems to work well, it's strange since the DDCSV1 does not heat up at all, but with the fan I have better results.

Regards

Offline c4g

« Reply #954 on: November 29, 2018, 12:29:51 AM »
I wish to modify the slib.nc file which comes with the latest firmware patch. Most of the config files in the /upgrade/nand/ diresctory are gibberish when opened for editing as they are not iso english, so i do not know how to read/edit them.

I wish to add a manual tool change subprogram, where:

1) the main program is paused via M0,
2) a g28 command is issued (return to home), (fusion360 automatically adds a G28 Z0. move command)
3) the tool is manually changed and then manually centred over touch-off plate,
4) the start button is pressed to unpause the program
5) the program calls the built-in probe routine (via G38 Z or via M98 ????, which is it? probe.nc is gibberish. if the probe routine is not callable then steps 4 & 5 can be reversed and the probe done manually)
6) the main nc program continues on with the new tool.

This will work well with fusion360   :nrocks:

if this is not possible then separate nc files for each tool can be created, but that entails more set-up work and file editing.

I read in the DDCSV pdf that the controller gcode is fanuc g compatible. I'm using the fanuc -G91 post processor within fusion360, but manual tool changes are being ignored by the controller (the spindle shuts off then immediately turns back on). That seems to be an easy patch within slib.nc by at adding a M0 or M1 command (wait for operator input), or by adding a new  subprogram  with the 6 steps from above.

PS:  With some testing, the controller completety ignores M00 and M01 gcodes. This is going to be harder to implement than I realized.  Yet the pause button pauses the program, which seems to be implemented in the OS, and not the slib library.  Ill use separate files for each tool as a work around for now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:58:43 PM by c4g »

Offline c4g

« Reply #955 on: November 30, 2018, 12:34:21 AM »
Update: A quick and manual way to do tools changes from fusion360, to post with "fanuc - with subprograms" and have "subprograms in a separate file" checked off. Each tool operation will be posted to a separate numbered nc file.

I scrap the 1st numbered file 1001.nc, (its not needed) and edit the remaining numbered files. I scrap the lines between the % and 1st title in brackets ie "(boring1)" as the controller does not  accept 0XXXX header gcode, and Fusion360 inserts tool moves at the top of the file that are redundant. All thats left is tool change and pathing gcode. (fusion360 likes to insert G43 command but the controller ignores them from what I can tell). If needed,  a M03 command is added at the top of each file,  and M05 command at the bottom before the M99 exit. I double check the z start and finish positions in each file.  Fusion 360 is good leaving the tool above the stock. I set the "probe retraction distance" to be above any stock used.

I then load each file in sequence 1002.nc,1003.nc,..,..   manually doing tool changes and probes where needed. I keep track of what tool goes with which file, and which operation has been completed. I can pause/start or restart a particular file, or even re-home if steps are lost for example.

Still, automating all of this in one file, and having the DDCS pause on M00,M01 or T# M06 gcodes would be the way to go.

Offline Avis

« Reply #956 on: December 29, 2018, 06:20:38 AM »
Hi, when I load the parameters of the Z probe and do the backspace the coordinates do not match what they should be, I am using the last update of the manufacturer in a software error or am I doing something wrong?   :doh:
regards 

Offline Muzzerboy

• The Mighty Shiz
« Reply #957 on: December 29, 2018, 05:02:06 PM »
Still, automating all of this in one file, and having the DDCS pause on M00,M01 or T# M06 gcodes would be the way to go.

If you have time, look into editing your F360 post processor - it's actually fairly straightforward to add / remove commands etc. I'm no software engineer but managed to make my own custom post for my Newker (Chinesium) controller, starting from the generic Fanuc version provided. It's written in Javascript, apparently.

Have a look https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-computer-aided/editing-post-processor/td-p/6709385 There's even a tutorial showing you how to create your own post processor from scratch.

Offline larkar

« Reply #958 on: January 04, 2019, 12:33:20 PM »
Upgraded my DDCSV2.1 to the 2018-08-26 Pandora the other day.
Main reson not to stay on old software was for me the arc errors, and a hope that the tool path plot would be somewhat useful.
Used LinuxCNC from 2008 to last summer when the computer died, and did not want to go through that again to find a new one, and wanted to keep my Gecko 540 drivers.

Copied the settings file to a USB first, turned everything off, and inserted the other USB with the upgrade.
Well, it did not went too well. Screen turned black after a while and not much more. Waited, and the a restart. Everything seems to work, DDCSV2-PANDORA down in the corner.

The problem is that a lot of arcs still cuts the wrong way.
Checked my code with https://ncviewer.com/ and nothing wrong.
Tries starting with the upgrade USB again but no difference.

Am I missing something?

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #959 on: January 06, 2019, 06:12:24 PM »
Upgraded my DDCSV2.1 to the 2018-08-26 Pandora the other day.
Main reson not to stay on old software was for me the arc errors, and a hope that the tool path plot would be somewhat useful.
Used LinuxCNC from 2008 to last summer when the computer died, and did not want to go through that again to find a new one, and wanted to keep my Gecko 540 drivers.

Copied the settings file to a USB first, turned everything off, and inserted the other USB with the upgrade.
Well, it did not went too well. Screen turned black after a while and not much more. Waited, and the a restart. Everything seems to work, DDCSV2-PANDORA down in the corner.

The problem is that a lot of arcs still cuts the wrong way.
Checked my code with https://ncviewer.com/ and nothing wrong.
Tries starting with the upgrade USB again but no difference.

Am I missing something?
Pandora is untested for DDCSV2.x so I am glad that at least the installer did it's job.
Since Pandora is basically modified original firmware, it's not very likely to fail, but I am still glad it boots fine.
About the one installer problem, does the installer display any custom graphics or is it all just black?
I unfortunately can't really help you with the arc problems, sorry!

Cheers,
Benedikt

Offline rayfredo

« Reply #960 on: January 11, 2019, 11:05:53 AM »
Hi everybody

programmed advances G01 and G00 do not work
do you have an idea

RAYFREDO

Offline AVK74

« Reply #961 on: January 25, 2019, 10:53:59 PM »
Softlimit works?

Offline Unkas

« Reply #962 on: January 28, 2019, 03:17:47 PM »
Hello everyone, how can a new language file be implemented?
Regards

Offline c4g

« Reply #963 on: February 03, 2019, 05:42:41 PM »

If you have time, look into editing your F360 post processor - it's actually fairly straightforward to add / remove commands etc. I'm no software engineer but managed to make my own custom post for my Newker (Chinesium) controller, starting from the generic Fanuc version provided. It's written in Javascript, apparently.

Have a look https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-computer-aided/editing-post-processor/td-p/6709385 There's even a tutorial showing you how to create your own post processor from scratch.

Excellent suggestion.  Luckily the post processor script is similar to python, so i was able to create my own post processor. I mashed together the fusion360  "fanuc with subprograms" code with brainrights code (http://www.brainright.com/Projects/CNCController/) and now have properly formatted subroutine for each tool. Also the main script has a summary of the tools and process order that I use as a referral sheet.

There seems to be a bug in the DDCS software that it will not load M98 Pxxxx calls from separate files located in the same folder as the main program. If the subroutine is wrapped within the main file then M98 calls will work. As I posted previously, Im using separate subroutine files to facilitate manual tool changes.

The next firmware release really needs to implement M00(stop), M01 (pause) and T6 (with built in pause) commands. They are a feature worth having.

Offline picclock

« Reply #964 on: March 16, 2019, 05:28:34 AM »
Latest firmware, install(2019-01-22-106).zip, is out and developer, ytliu is back on the forum

http://bbs.ddcnc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=150#lastpost

Best Regards

picclock
Engaged in the art of turning large pieces of useful material into ever smaller pieces of (s)crap. (Ferndown, Dorset)

Offline untersberg

« Reply #965 on: March 16, 2019, 10:05:51 AM »
picklock,
Please tell me how to register on Digital Dream.
When I click on "submit" I get a message, probably in Chinese, but that's it.
No confirmation that I registered.

Offline picclock

« Reply #966 on: March 16, 2019, 10:39:51 AM »
Hi untersberg
I think its a captur security bar which you have to slide to the right to prove you are not a robot.
Its a really good forum for these devices.

Best Regards

picclock
Engaged in the art of turning large pieces of useful material into ever smaller pieces of (s)crap. (Ferndown, Dorset)

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #967 on: March 16, 2019, 10:46:38 AM »
Yeah, I get a Chinese message too!

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
« Reply #968 on: March 17, 2019, 06:10:56 AM »
Latest firmware, install(2019-01-22-106).zip, is out and developer, ytliu is back on the forum

Thats good to hear, just a pity they don't do "Release Notes" very well
Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

Offline untersberg

« Reply #969 on: March 17, 2019, 12:04:14 PM »

Thanks picclock I'll try that later today.

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #970 on: March 17, 2019, 05:06:26 PM »
Hello everyone, how can a new language file be implemented?
Regards
Implementing a new language is rather tricky. There cannot be any special, non-English characters in the translation.
Also the individual strings have to be rather brief. Apart from that, some binary patching is more or less required to get it done.
What language would you like to translate the controller firmware to?
Feel free to PM me to discuss options.

Cheers,
Benedikt

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #971 on: April 26, 2019, 03:33:56 PM »
I am curious if people are still using the pandora-cnc.eu website and the configurator.
When changing parts of the site over to hopefully comply with GDPR, I have removed the analytics that used to be in place.

I am primarily asking because if it's mostly unused, I am going to strip it down to a simple download page and perhaps the configurator.
This website costs 50€/year to host (which I am happy to pay for if it's well used), so I want to check if people still use it.
My contract is renewed for another 12 months on May, 8th, so I would appreciate everyone's prior feedback.

I would be happy if everyone reading this would take 20 seconds to answer this poll:
https://strawpoll.com/7e9bb713

Even if I decide to close or strip down the website, I will make sure that the files are uploaded somewhere safe and I will instead develop a small, local, configuration generator that will run on a PC.
I might even integrate the USB stick installation utility into that tool and unify them.

Cheers,
Benedikt

Offline Martin

« Reply #972 on: May 09, 2019, 05:32:18 PM »
Hello all, I am new to this forum, and also a member of the ddcsv forum, I am still waiting delivery of my ddcvs1.1. Apart from the manuals from ddcsv has anyone put together, a technical manual, listing all g code comparability, and how to correctly implement user g and m codes using the syslib.nc and or sling.nc, I feel it would be a great resource, and would be happy to start putting one together. There has been a lot of great work done, in updating this control, and feel it would be grate to be able to keep better track of all updates, and changes to firmware, both Pandora, and factory.

It should include reference to all macros, how to use the individual *.nc files, list all user and system variables etc.

What do you think?

Maybe a wiki ddcvs that all can then edit and update..

Kind regards to all.
Martin
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:07:18 PM by Martin »

Offline WeldingRod

« Reply #973 on: May 09, 2019, 10:41:31 PM »
I have a guide to the various gcode implementations on the ddcsv.  Powers out right now, though.

Offline Martin

« Reply #974 on: May 10, 2019, 03:02:01 AM »
I have a guide to the various gcode implementations on the ddcsv.  Powers out right now, though.

Hi weldingRod, would you be happy to send me the file?

I will put something together over the next couple of days and upload it.

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk