Author Topic: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller  (Read 440272 times)

Offline ugv

Re: DDCSV1.1 4 Axis controller
« Reply #725 on: November 07, 2017, 04:14:45 PM »
ok it's a  :beer: zener diode

Offline blades

« Reply #726 on: November 07, 2017, 07:28:31 PM »
Chris, I hope that factory is paying you a generous consulting fee for doing there bug smashing and development.
Mark

RotarySMP?!?!? Hey dude! We chatted 8 years ago when I was doing my Harbor Freight 7x10 CNC build:
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mini-lathe/82871-7-x-10-project-started.html

Hope you're doing well. Interwebz, small world!

- Bill
Bill

- No best but better

Offline RotarySMP

« Reply #727 on: November 08, 2017, 07:45:52 AM »
Hi Bill,

Glad to see you are still making stuff as well. What are you using the DDCSV for? I got mine to finish the little mill I started back years ago, but then a MAHO 400E came up, so that project is again on the back burner.
Mark
Best regards, Meilleures salutations, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Cu salutari
Mark
https://www.youtube.com/c/RotarySMP

Offline blades

« Reply #728 on: November 08, 2017, 03:06:10 PM »
Hey Mark,

I built a CNC router (X-carve). It's working pretty well for that, although I would like a more robust CNC controller. The DDCSV is great, but I do wish they'd release an updated, improved model of it.
Bill

- No best but better

Offline RotarySMP

« Reply #729 on: November 09, 2017, 11:32:20 AM »
Nice router Bill.
Best regards, Meilleures salutations, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Cu salutari
Mark
https://www.youtube.com/c/RotarySMP

Offline blades

« Reply #730 on: November 09, 2017, 11:43:58 AM »
Thanks Mark. Still learning it...
Bill

- No best but better

Offline chriscnc

« Reply #731 on: November 09, 2017, 01:47:05 PM »
Ok everyone,

Here is the latest firmware with updated English for the new features and a new motion planning algorithm. This is far smoother and adds line 113 and 123, its now leveraging the FPGA for ARC interpolation, and resolution can now be set to 0.001 on line 123. X,Y,Z can all now have different steps per mm and produce a correct arc. To try this set line 113 to software and line 123 to .001 try some code with line 113 on and off and let me know. The new motion will not stop/pause for transitions from g01 to g03 making a smooth CV like path.

Offline johnsattuk

« Reply #732 on: November 09, 2017, 07:20:48 PM »
Could someone please explain how to load this new firmware  :Doh:

Offline blades

« Reply #733 on: November 10, 2017, 06:59:05 AM »
Could someone please explain how to load this new firmware  :Doh:

I believe you just extract the zipped file onto a USB drive, insert into the controller (turned off), then power up the controller.

BTW John, love your bearded dragon!! <3  I've got an iguana myself.

- Bill
Bill

- No best but better

Offline johnsattuk

« Reply #734 on: November 10, 2017, 08:24:45 AM »
Thanks for reply  :thumbup:

I did try that but did not seem to work,  will give it another go

Offline johnsattuk

« Reply #735 on: November 10, 2017, 08:56:42 AM »
I think I worked it out,  copied the contents to the Data folder of the origional install ,  all seems to be OK now,  have the new settings showing   :D

Dragon was my Grandaughter's,  she had about 20 various lizards.

Offline ugv

« Reply #736 on: November 10, 2017, 05:25:40 PM »
hello do you know how use probe in sub programme for my tool change?

Offline ugv

« Reply #737 on: November 11, 2017, 04:02:39 AM »
I want measure each tool in auto beetween each tool change with macro

Offline johnsattuk

« Reply #738 on: November 11, 2017, 02:52:07 PM »
Ok everyone,

Here is the latest firmware with updated English for the new features and a new motion planning algorithm. This is far smoother and adds line 113 and 123, its now leveraging the FPGA for ARC interpolation, and resolution can now be set to 0.001 on line 123. X,Y,Z can all now have different steps per mm and produce a correct arc. To try this set line 113 to software and line 123 to .001 try some code with line 113 on and off and let me know. The new motion will not stop/pause for transitions from g01 to g03 making a smooth CV like path.

Limited testing, but does seem smoother and does allow me to use 300 ppm   :thumbup:

Offline merc

« Reply #739 on: November 21, 2017, 04:26:20 AM »
Ok everyone,

Hi! I flashed this firmware to my cnc and have a problem with arcs.
Here is short gcode and video:

gcode: https://gist.github.com/arrowcircle/30017c506a6883d7ab227eae4f3af698
video:

Problem is, when it makes second tab it does not stop and goes additional 360 degrees without lifting a tool.

Is this a bug? Or do I doing something wrong?

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #740 on: November 21, 2017, 05:56:12 AM »
It's not a problem. Tell me, why raise the instrument? To make the program run longer?
Sorry for my english, this is Google translator

Offline merc

« Reply #741 on: November 21, 2017, 07:31:46 AM »
It's not a problem. Tell me, why raise the instrument? To make the program run longer?
It is a problem. My cnc goes through material. In this example its only 1mm. I catched that bug on 16mm of depth and broken the tool.

Offline antonio

« Reply #742 on: November 21, 2017, 07:41:20 AM »
Hi chriscnc
It seems ther is some problem with arc interpolation in last original firmware due to not calculate the backlash during movments.. is it the new firmware fix this problem?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #743 on: November 21, 2017, 08:22:07 AM »
It is a problem. My cnc goes through material. In this example its only 1mm. I catched that bug on 16mm of depth and broken the tool.
[/quote]
Set a safe height greater than the total depth of processing

Offline merc

« Reply #744 on: November 21, 2017, 09:48:24 AM »
Set a safe height greater than the total depth of processing

Problem is it ignores safe height and just move tool for a full circle instead of making a pod

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #745 on: November 21, 2017, 10:15:29 AM »
Problem is it ignores safe height and just move tool for a full circle instead of making a pod

see the settings of the processing strategy of your CAM system. Point out that the tool should be taken to the initial height after the operation is completed. Your problems are the result of incorrect programming.

Offline merc

« Reply #746 on: November 22, 2017, 01:33:29 AM »

see the settings of the processing strategy of your CAM system. Point out that the tool should be taken to the initial height after the operation is completed. Your problems are the result of incorrect programming.
Please try to simulate gcode I sent and compare it with video - they are really different, look on second tab. This is not a problem of CAM. Same GCODE on different controller works fine and equal to simulation.

Offline maxx2000

« Reply #747 on: November 22, 2017, 02:07:31 AM »
Please try to simulate gcode I sent and compare it with video - they are really different, look on second tab. This is not a problem of CAM. Same GCODE on different controller works fine and equal to simulation.
I saw your code, you do not have a gap in the G code between the cuts to a safe height. The cutter, after passing through the circle, is deepened by 1 mm and cuts further. At me your code is fulfilled exactly as you programmed it. Learn or change your CAM system. Either manually add lines containing a lift to a safe height

Offline merc

« Reply #748 on: November 22, 2017, 03:45:47 AM »
I saw your code, you do not have a gap in the G code between the cuts to a safe height. The cutter, after passing through the circle, is deepened by 1 mm and cuts further. At me your code is fulfilled exactly as you programmed it. Learn or change your CAM system. Either manually add lines containing a lift to a safe height
I dont know how you seen the video and simulation. In simulation on the second tab it moves through the tab for 30 degrees, however in video it moves for 390 degrees. And please read my problems. Same code on another controller works fine and exactly like in simulation.

So please dont advice to check CAM settings, its controller related problem.

Offline Muzzerboy

• The Mighty Shiz
« Reply #749 on: November 22, 2017, 02:44:43 PM »
BTW, dunno if you saw "https://ncviewer.com/" written by one of the Fusion boys. Quick and simple way to check out your toolpaths.

Muzzer