Author Topic: rotary table kit..  (Read 14137 times)

Offline kayzed1

rotary table kit..
« on: September 03, 2016, 05:30:05 PM »
If my memory serves me well ( i think that is from a song...Wheels on fireeeeeee )   
Did Kwackers ever make up those rotab kits and if so i need one... :thumbup:
I have looked at the Division master but i don't think the pension will stretch
to it £360 plus all the mechanical s..
Lyn. 

Offline nrml

Re: rotary table kit..
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 05:46:28 PM »
Yes he did. He sells them both as a self assembly kit and as a built and tested version. I bought one fairly recently. I haven't got around to trying it yet but dealing with him was a pleasure and the item looks well put together. You would be crazy not to buy one for the price he is selling them at. It is almost a give away! http://www.worldofward.com/rotarycontroller/

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 06:36:50 PM »
If my memory serves me well ( i think that is from a song...Wheels on fireeeeeee )
Will this help?:
Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

Offline cwelkie

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 09:40:55 PM »
I did one up quite awhile ago and highly recommend the design (and kit).  I works perfectly and make dividing a treat.  I also used it to mill some flywheel spokes with good success ... once I got my mind wrapped around "pushing play" and letting the controls run the table through an arc.
Charlie

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 05:49:03 AM »
Thanks for that Will,  Re: Jules Driscoll  "you must be as old as me" in my yoof i would have walked hot coals for her :doh:
The things we remember.. I ordered a kit last night, i have a Nema 23 still in it's box under the bench. Power! i have a 24volts 4 amp L.E.D
driver, would that do? and i think a K179 ( i think it is ) single output driver...I better check.
Lyn.

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 05:13:20 PM »
Tested the power unit today.....put my meter on it and it went from 23.4volts to smoking in about 4 seconds :zap: it worked last year, must have been damp in the corner on the floor.. just ordered a new one  of the correct value for the job...i think!
Made a start on the adapter for the table, i will use 1/8 wall steel tube as i have some of that. I fixing
plate is 1/2 plate as that is all i had to hand, i will look for some thing a little thinner for the table end
of the tube. I have a coupling and bored it to size, i will get the lad to weld it up as his welds look better
than mine..
Lyn.

Offline RodW

• Vehicle Modifications Network
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 07:25:03 AM »
I wrote a very capable rotary table controller that runs on an Arduino and it is available for download over at home model engine maker.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=25091

It pushes the Arduino about as far as possible but you don't need  to do any programming to get it going as its all user configurable and stored in EEPROM
RodW
Brisbane, Australia

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 02:32:30 PM »
I know Steve and have said a number of times that it is just a giveaway!! £38 for a built and tested module  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
I`ve got a couple of them and have built a few over the years before he offered the shop (although even my very first module he made for me). I admit, I`m not a total electronics wiz but I can fumble my way around a circuit board but the time it took me to print and etch the board alone is worth £38!!

Works flawlessly. Cracking piece of kit. A+++ The mans a genius!

I don`t often bother writing reviews  :med:

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 04:16:57 PM »
Tis all good stuff this, thanks all.
A Drat goes in here, Re: last nights pu test and Lucas release of the magic smoke..
Today whilst moving stuff in-order to find stuff :doh: i found another 24volt PU @5A
and it works, i only ordered a replacement last night :doh:
tis all coming together i made the tube and ends just need a welder now.
Lyn.

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 04:01:35 PM »
Tube made dummy fit and and tack welded by me :dremel: sand/grit blasted, took it up to the lad to weld correctly. I then sand/grit blasted  it,
primed and given to number 2 son to paint as he just happened to be painting a Suzuki Bandit in blue :thumbup: So just waiting for a PU and the electricary stuff from Kwackers now.
Lyn.

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 03:07:12 PM »
I know Steve and have said a number of times that it is just a giveaway!! £38 for a built and tested module  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
I`ve got a couple of them and have built a few over the years before he offered the shop (although even my very first module he made for me). I admit, I`m not a total electronics wiz but I can fumble my way around a circuit board but the time it took me to print and etch the board alone is worth £38!!

Works flawlessly. Cracking piece of kit. A+++ The mans a genius!

I don`t often bother writing reviews  :med:

I will be asking you where the wires go soon, me and electricary :zap:
Lyn.

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 05:20:15 PM »
Well all the wires are in place BUT, no movement from stepper motor shaft :doh: the screen says working but no go..
Will look at it again tomorrow when in a better mood :coffee: done a lot of that. could it be one side of the stepper
pos and neg wrong as it is putting 4.3volts on to each side of the motor....
Lyn.

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 05:23:10 PM »
Lyn, when it's powered, is the shaft correctly locking up when you try and turn it by hand? Always a good starting point.

Offline Will_D

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 05:50:39 PM »

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 03:23:53 PM »
Well it works  :D My shiny new  Stepperonline microstep Driver  ST-7128 is an EX driver... Duff from new...so i wired the little driver in that i bought years ago for some robots i made for a mates youngster, tis only about .8 amp so i do not think it will last when driven hard. BUT: it works.
So i will order another driver..Help here, where from and which one?
If any of you electricary types want this to play with PM me your details and i will send to you.
Ow! i just have to learn how to program it now..
Lyn. 

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 03:53:04 PM »
I was just looking for you...when did arc Eurotrade stop selling drivers (and by the looks of it, clearing out their motors).

I've got a few of these and they work well : https://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Digital-DSP-Stepper-Driver-5.6Amp-50Volt-CWD556

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 04:44:05 PM »
i looked at ARC site as i thought they sold drivers and motors..but no luck. So i had to go via the bay, i will check out the drivers  thanks.
Lyn.

Offline chipenter

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 05:48:48 PM »
I looked last month and there was only one driver at £100 for realy big motors .
Jeff

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 04:54:16 AM »
so nobody wants the Ex driver, none of you electronics  :smart:, i will bin it after removing the heat sink,,,nice bit of Ali :thumbup:

Offline mattinker

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 06:22:12 AM »
 :lol:

i don't have an Ex Axis for the Ex driver! :D :D

regards, Matthew.

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »
I have pulled the heat sink now and binned the rest.

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 04:46:02 PM »
So i am just waiting for a diddy box the connect the stepper feed wires to my cable, She is alive and no more  :zap:
Was very slow and i could stop the table with two fingers :scratch: so i upped the amps to 2.4 and set the speed
to 5, i can now not stop the table but it is still very slow. The table with my Myford 3 jaw chuck fitted is running about
an inch a minute is that correct any body who has used one?   Many thanks. Lyn.

Offline Will_D

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 03:35:27 PM »
@kayzed; What driver are you using and what are ther DIP switches set to for pilses per rev?

Sounds like you need to change the dip switches!

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 04:22:51 PM »
I will look at it tomorrow Will, i think it is just a cheapO no name no number jobbie. The expensive one did not work and the K179 had no power at all, it bought years ago for doing robots for the kids...
i remember changing the dips to up the current to get it to hold but do not remember seeing any thing about pulse count...
Lyn.

Offline Will_D

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 05:42:06 PM »
This a typical driver module:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=M542T&espv=2&biw=1213&bih=624&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8kMyLtqHPAhXpL8AKHcm0Bj8Q_AUIBigB#imgrc=NVjl6lp6hw4MxM%3A

There are 8 dip switches that set steps and current limits and th ehold current!

HTH Will