Author Topic: New toys  (Read 3828 times)

Offline smiffy

New toys
« on: September 06, 2016, 10:06:35 AM »
Acquired a few new toys  just need a bit of a clean up and repaint and then need to find some more workshop space 

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: New toys
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:57:01 AM »
Nice haul  :thumbup: I've always fancied a set of sheet metal rolls - don't have a need for them but just fancy some  :ddb: Having said that I was given a very small vice mounted set - about 9" wide I suppose - and on the few occasions I've used them they've proved indispensable.

I suppose it's like all tools - they all eventually come in useful  :clap:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Joules

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 11:27:50 AM »
I thought you were all set up for laundry service what with the industrial mangle and starched sheet folder behind      :lol:
Honour your mentors, and pay it forward.

RobWilson

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 01:25:39 PM »
Now that is a shed load Smiffy   :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I see the arbour press  is a ye oldie type  that originally mounts to a lathe bed  :med: Love the Kasenit heat treat furnace  :clap: :clap:  all in all a trailer full of joy  :dremel:

Rob

Offline smiffy

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 01:43:41 PM »
All unloaded and the folder is in shed no 2 waiting to be sorted ,  Just need a bigger shed .
Poor old tractor needs a bit of tlc  as half way through unloading the clutch return spring broke and I was having to lift the clutch pedal up with my foot defiantly a bit dodgy

The rolls are very old as I think they where installed in about 1880 the keys are fitted to flats on the shaft and a flat filed in the gear 

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 04:40:21 PM »
Nice haul!