Author Topic: Again !!....enough already.  (Read 2721 times)

Offline DavidA

Again !!....enough already.
« on: September 29, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »
So there it was in black and white.

From 1st November, your bill will be going up by £3.49 a month.

This, as many of you will be painfully aware, is from Virgin media.

It is only a few month since BT, in the guise of Yahoo, increased the cost of their email retention from £1.60 to £5.00 a month.

If this keeps up I am going to have to drop of the web. I'm on state pension and am going to have to make cuts somewhere.

Scandalous !!

Dave.

Offline Joules

Re: Again !!....enough already.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 12:10:40 PM »
Sad to hear Dave, do you have a local library or free wifi at a local cafe pub ?

Free email Yahoo (LOL) and gmail.
Honour your mentors, and pay it forward.

Offline modeng200023

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 02:41:34 PM »
Sad to hear Dave, do you have a local library or free wifi at a local cafe pub ?

Free email Yahoo (LOL) and gmail.
For I think £11 a year you can have Yahoo free of ads.

Offline S. Heslop

• Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 06:59:23 PM »
I remember when I was shopping around for a better internet connection a few years back I had a look at Virgin since their TV advertising had that tricky bastard Richard Branston saying 'when I say unlimited, I mean unlimited'.

So I went through the steps on their website signing up for their magnificent UNLIMITED internet and right before the final step of inputting your card details, some faint and small grey text appeared under the big bold UNLIMITED saying something like '20gb monthy useage cap'. I'm glad that guy now owns a big chunk of the NHS.

I went with Sky in the end since they were the only provider at the time that seemed to supply an internet connection without a string of fine prints saying they'll throttle you if you go over some arbitrary undefined 'fair useage' limit. Although i'm thinking about trying to find a better one now since it's hopelessly slow compared to new fiber alternatives.