Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

Digital caliper mounted on lathe

(1/6) > >>

PekkaNF:
I'm pretty sure more people have build these. I have seen some applications of test dial indicator or tyre thread gauge used on cross slide. On my wish list possibility to set diameter display to known (measured diameter would be high on my list. I haven't been able to come up meaningfull solution that would be much better than test dial indicator (or tire thread gauge!).

I figured that much easier application would be to use digital caliper to measure carriage travel lengthvise. Dial gauge travel is often short, caliper is short too, but often enough.

Hardest part was to drill hole on jaw, three drlls later I took solid carbide drill and pu oversize hole. Most important was to have caliper body parallel to lathe ways.

Pekka

krv3000:
a good job well dun

ddmckee54:
Pekka:

I've seen other applications where a caliper is used like this, but most used a clamp to hold the caliper in some type of a pocket.  Probably just to avoid having to drill through the caliper.

Don

Manxmodder:
Good move,Pekka. I have seen similar ones mounted on the tailstock to register the quill movement....OZ

seadog:
Like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version