Author Topic: EDGWICK LATHE  (Read 6677 times)

Offline CraigLie

EDGWICK LATHE
« on: December 06, 2016, 10:32:06 AM »
Would anyone happened to have Manual, photos and/or Info of the EDGWICK lathe. I picked one up a few years ago in bad shape at the scrap yard. Been restoring Her the best I can with what little info on line. Someone ran a forklift into her.

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
Re: EDGWICK LATHE
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 07:21:51 AM »
Hi Craig,

I have a copy of the operator's manual & the parts list, which also gives exploded diagrams of all the main parts... Check your PMs, I'll send it over to you - it might be Monday before I can, as I scanned it in the office at work...

I bought mine a few years ago, and I have to say she's a cracking lathe; not one of the better known ones, but she holds a pretty good tolerance considering the wear, the biggest problem i've got is her tendancy to cut a taper unless I'm really really careful... I'm pretty sure my problems stem from worn chucks, as I've tried the "Rolly's Dad's method" of testing the headstock alignment and it seems to be spot on.

Anyway, will be very interested to see how you get on with your restoration, I reckon you'll end up with a versatile lathe which will give you decades of service. Looking forward to it  :nrocks:
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 07:26:18 AM »
Aha.... you need a few more posts before the PM system is available to you.... Can't remember if it's 5 or 10 posts...

Anyway.... I just noticed you're in Florida  :doh: I was literally just there last week (Saturday to Thursday), near Orlando... whereabouts are you in FL? I'm usually there once every year to 18 months for a ShoreTel conference... next time I'll drop you a line & maybe pop over, if you're up for that...

Cheers!
Ade.
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline CraigLie

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 06:37:29 PM »
Thank you for trying Adev

I will post more of my Restoration. About 2 hours south of Orlando In Okeechobee, Florida. If your up for the scenic route come on bye.

Offline CraigLie

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 06:50:28 PM »
AdeV

have you need to shim your carriage mine had a set of aluminum That are already worn out I'm getting ready to purchase some Brass shim stock. I'm not sure if i should go that route. What is your thoughts?