Author Topic: Pete is back  (Read 3465 times)

Offline Scuba1

Pete is back
« on: December 29, 2016, 11:25:42 AM »
Last February, a pelican turned up at our boat with bad frost bite on both feet. He was not in good shape at all, so we fed him and he got quite tame. So much so that I was able to cut the dead tissue of his feet bit by bit. He lost all of his toes but made it. He left us in the beginning of May to fend for himself. On Christmas day I heard a thump on the top deck and thought something had fallen over up there, so went up and checked it out. It was clumsy Pete he behaved like he had never left. Good for him that we have a Great blue herron with a broken leg that we look after, so we had fish in the freezer. I guess Pete is here for another winter to join out crew. So now we have Nelson the great egrit, Big bird, the great blue herron and Pete. This is going to be an expensive winter getting fish for that lot. :D

Offline micktoon

Re: Pete is back
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 12:24:23 PM »
Good to see someone helping the bird life  :thumbup:   looks like you have quite a varied crew .
 Cheers Mick 👍

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 01:33:27 PM »
Yeppers, 4 cats 3 birds and a wife ..... all living in semi harmony.  :loco:

Offline ieezitin

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 05:18:45 PM »
Good deal Scube .....I have a soft heart for all of creation with a caveat other than a couple of people I am forced to know..  any-who where are you moor'ed?

Anthony.
If you cant fix it, get another hobby.

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 05:21:30 PM »
Lovely story - here's to Pete - Happy new Year
Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 05:32:17 PM »
I am at anchor between Hilton Head Island and Pinkney Island South Carolina. Lose to marker 14 of the ICW. we have been in this spot a couple of years now, so I guess that the local wildlife has gotten used to us.

Offline ieezitin

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 05:39:46 PM »
Nice part of the world.... no snow or ice.. i bet the crabs are good.. that pelican would love a Jimmy right now...umm

Anthony.
If you cant fix it, get another hobby.

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 06:05:01 PM »
I got a couple of dozen blue crabs and some stone crabs in my traps, hanging of the side of the boat. Going to be a good dinner for new years eve.